16|World|

| Lia |

I smiled at my phone, feeling silly

I smiled at my phone, feeling silly. I also sent a quick text to Cassy that I was going somewhere with my mate.

"Is that your Prince?" Lana asked. We were currently heading out of the Ilwani building.

I tucked my phone into my bag before answering her, "Yep."

Lana looked me over, a sneer forming on her lips. "I thought you have a gig tonight? I was planning to watch."

"Oh, that." I chuckled. "I'll sing for you solo next time. My prince might destroy the club if I go back there."

She shook her head. "I'm happy for you. But always be vigilant, okay?"

I smacked her back. "Yes, mother."

Theo was already waiting at the hood of his car. His hair was tied today and I couldn't help but swoon over him all over again. I grasped Lana's hand and forced her to meet Theo. I introduced them to each other, with Lana morphing into her snobbish self. I swear this girl has an alter ego.

"Hi. Theodore Rolf." Theo held out his hand.

Lana accepted his hand and shook it lightly. "I know you, Your Highness. I'm Lana George."

I made a face at Lana when she was giving him the 'eye', like Theo's gonna rape me or something. But I appreciated her protectiveness. "Alright, ha ha ha, that's enough. You can go now, Lana dear." I made a motion of shooing her which she responded with an eye roll and turned away.

When she was far gone, I turned to Theo and gave him a timid smile.

He smiled back and pulled me into a hug, kissing the top of my head. I inhaled his scent and a feeling of contentment rushed over me. It was good that the parking lot was still empty so we could avoid unwanted rumors flowing around.

Releasing me, he went to the door and opened it for me.

"Why thank you, my prince," I said, performing a curtsy.

"Stop being cute, my mate. We won't reach our destination if you keep that up," he said, biting his bottom lip, his eyes shining.

I waved my hand dismissively. "I can't help it. I'm naturally cute." Grinning, I went inside his posh car, the interior still impressing me. It must have been nice to be born rich. I focused on my magic and summoned my wolf out, letting her share the moment together with our mate.

We drove out of the Mesina compound and into human territory. We already passed by the road to his pack's land so I guess he would take me someplace else. I didn't really care where as long as I was with him.

"About that fight," he spoke, scowling at the road.

"Oh don't bother. I'm doing it," I told him with a pointed look. "It's an honorable fight and I won't have others looking at me like I'm a loser. That's not the way I roll."