Chapter Six: My New Motto Is To Have The Honest Brutality Of A Cardi B Track

Tessa

April

It's funny just how long you spend planning a wedding and just how quickly the day goes by. Months and months of stress, of nitpicking and freaking out over the smallest things all leads to a day where the thing that matters the most is knowing that you've found your forever and making the promise to belong to each other. I downright sob as I watch my brother and Beth exchange their vows and across from me, on the groom's side Cole catches my eyes and winks at me. He'd told me I'd be an emotional wreck because I do tend to cry at most weddings but I'd promised him that this time would be different. The fact that I chose not to wear waterproof mascara speaks volumes about my misled confidence in my ability to not cry and I probably have major raccoon eyes right now. Beside me, Megan is a blubbering mess as well and the only person up here exhibiting great self control are the bride and groom themselves. I can see how close to breaking down my brother is and how Beth's voice trembles as she says her vows.

    For all the panic leading up to her wedding, Beth's been the calmest bride today. She utterly beautiful today, like Snow White in her ivory lace dress. I'd went with her and Megan to pick it out before leaving for London and it looks so I knew what it looked like but on her, it's absolutely exquisite. Despite my mom's not so subtle hints about having a super expensive designer dress, we found the perfect little bridal boutique in town and Beth fell in love with this one the moment she saw it. She's never been one to dress super girly and I think we all feared she'd go ahead and wear a pantsuit to her wedding but she surprised us by picking this soft, whimsical dress that makes her look like a summer fairy. It's got lacy long sleeves, a deep v neck line at the front and an open back. The bodice is fitted till her tiny waist, emphasising her amazing hourglass figure and flows out into a full floor length white skirt, with a not too long trail. She opted to have her hair down her back, with two twisted pieces pulling it away from her face and the hairstylist did such an incredible job with the flowers in her hair and the veil. The look is all Beth, simple yet breathtaking in its simplicity. The look on my brother's face as he watched her walk down the aisle to him says it all and even now he looks like can't believe that she's going to be his wife.

 The look on my brother's face as he watched her walk down the aisle to him says it all and even now he looks like can't believe that she's going to be his wife

His wife, even to me that's so crazy but also for the two of them makes all the sense in the world.

As the ceremony ends and the newlyweds kiss, Megan grabs my hand and squeezes. "Can you believe this? One of us is actually a married woman?"

She's still got tears in her eyes and so do I. I'm so happy for these two, so happy that they found one another and saved each other in so many ways. Of course people said they were too young to be getting married but hey, if anyone can make it work it's Travis and Beth.