Chapter 9 - Will you be my girl friend

Candice POV

It felt like a good dream. I don't want it to end. The time I'm spending with Nick made me happy. It's kind of new to me. But it felt good. Nick really helped me to prepare for the stage decoration. On the day of shopping I'm really embarrassed when I blushed at Nick's closeness. He really remembered every little thing about me, this is making me confused. May be he too had some special feelings towards me? I questioned myself.

"No way" my other mind answered to that question. Yeah it's true, how the almighty Nick will look at a silly girl like me. I don't want to complicate this, instead I just going to have some fun with him. Nearly one week passed, Nick and I got a little closer than before. I hardly had time to see Hanna and Andy. They both demanded to treat them pizza. Nick too joined us which made me happy. The shop got filled with laughter, thanks to Hanny and Andy. We really had a lot of talks about everyone in our college. In between our talk Nick often looked at me, which made me little nervous. What if I got caught by Hanny and Andy? They sure will kill me for not telling them. Blake called us and said that they won the cup. We were filled in joy. We congratulated him. But Blake reminded me of my promise to him. I wished him again and ended the call. When Hanna and Nick went to buy something, I accidently heard them talking about someone.

"Do you think I will fall for a random girl like her?" I heard Nick voice which made to stop in my tracks.

I'm curious to know who it is but failed. Is Nick had interest in any girl? While I'm lost in this thoughts Hanna came and she patted my head with a smirk in her face.

Today Blake came back. But I'm filled with lot of works since the deadline is near. The surprise party we planned to prepare for him got busted all thanks to my work. I saw Blake's text and called him. He asked me to meet him at the football court. But this Nick is not allowing me to meet him. I even tried my cute puppy face at him but failed to fool him. So I texted Blake and apologized for not able to meet him. When I went to get some papers, I got to know about Blake still being there in the football court. I felt guilty for making him to wait.I was shocked by Blake's confession. I shouldn't have gone there. Blake is a nice person, but I'm not having the same feel as him. I tried to reject him in a cool way. But his question about Nick shocks me more. I thought, being honest with Blake might help him to get over me so I confirmed his doubt about my feeling towards Nick. To my surprise he warned me not to get involved with Nick. The things he said about Nick were new to me. I defended Nick, because he was good to me. But Blake is not satisfied, he advised me to think about it. He requested me to accept the flowers he bought for me. I accepted it with a hesitation. In a few more minutes I regretted for defending Nick in front of Blake.

Nick is acting weird to me for accepting roses from Blake. He blamed me for that.

Did he think that I am the type of girl will go and flirt with anyone?

After all the time we spent together how could he speak like that about me ? I felt disgusted when I came to now that he even followed me to the football court.

What? We have nothing between us? Am I just his cousin's friend.

And what did he say "I will do the same thing irrespective of who it is". These words from Nick made my heart turn to shreds.

I'm a fool to think that he is serious about me.

Why he is keep on accusing me, that everything I do is to cheat him?

I can't tolerate him anymore. I don't want to hear any other words from him. So I tried to move away from there.

All of a sudden I was captured by his arms. He forced himself to kiss me. I cried my heart out. I tried to wriggle out from his hold but he held me strong enough. I felt defeated now.