Hawkeye Mihawk x Fem! Daughter! Reader

It had been a long trip from the grand line to the East Blue...

(Y/N) was asleep with her head resting on her fathers lap smiling happily.

You'd never think that they had just sunk almost 50 pirate ships in the grand line, before following the last ship all the way here.

She was wearing a white shirt and blue pants and a wide brimmed hat much like her fathers that would hide her eyes when she looked down, she also wears a coat like her father's but only wore it for special occasions so as not to ruin it, she also carries a long sword for protection just incase she was targeted during their excursions.

Since her father was the best in the world she endeavoured to be just as good, to keep him safe from the people who would try to kill him and take away his title...

Mihawk gazed down at his sleeping child allowing a rare smile to appear as he placed his hand on her head stroking her (H/C/L) hair.

It had been 14 years since she had been dropped off on his doorstep only a small note attached to her blankets, the moment the crying baby had laid her piercing eyes on him she smiled and laughed.

At first he was hesitant to keep a child at his manor thinking it would be a distraction from his training and his work, however she was uncharacteristically quiet for a child more likely to study quietly in the library or train alongside her dad than act noisy like most children.

He was secretly proud that his daughter had decided to try following in his footsteps, even though she was so young merely 15 years old and such a daddy's girl.

The sound of many men yelling alerted him that they were close to their prey.

"(Y/N) we've found them..." He whispered to her causing her eyes to snap open.

She had (E/C) eyes that shared the sharp gaze of her father, she sat up stretching her arms above her head in a cute yawn.

"Are you going to finish them off father...?" she mumbled rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

She lifted her head off his lap and sat down beside him with him patting her on the head.

"Yes" he replied before standing up and pulling his black sword from his back, she watched in wonder as he raised his sword and swung at the massive galleon ahead of them.

She could never get used to watching her father use his sword in battle, He always managed to look like a hero from one of the fairy tales she read back home.

She wanted to be just like him when she grew up, the best swordswoman in the world, Someone to look up to.

A legend.

Mihawk slashed at the galleon causing the air to distort and turn into a blade as it flew towards the massive ship hitting the hull.

several seconds passed as Mihawk sheathed his sword again and sat back down in his seat before the galleon broke apart, even though they were still several feet away from the ship.

(Y/N) watched with a smile as it broke apart and began to sink, sure she had watched him do this to loads of ships before but to her it was still impressive.

The duo sailed into the sinking ship on their tiny vessel the green flames from their candles casting an eerie light upon them even in the daylight.

(Y/N) couldn't help but smile at the faces of the pirates and civilians as the recognised her father, speaking in hushed whispers.

She turned her eyes towards an old man with a very tall chef's hat listening to him intently.

"YES! HAWK-EYE IS A MASTER SWORDSMAN. HE IS THE GREATEST SWORDSMAN IN THE WORLD!" he said with his arms crossed over his chest.

She felt very happy to hear so many people filled with awe at his skill.

(I hope someday I will be just as legendary...)

"YOU MONSTER! WHY DO YOU KEEP PICKING ON US!?" a random pirate yelled out.

(Y/N) looked at him with disdain typical that people as weak as them, would call someone as strong and heroic as her father a monster.

He looked over to the pirate with a bored expression "For fun" he replied.

This made the pirate mad "FOR FUN!!!?" he screamed pulling out two pistols.

He fired two shots at the man and his daughter but neither of them were afraid.

Mihawk simply pulled out his sword and redirected the bullets away from him and (Y/N) much to the pirates shock.

"You Missed!!!"

"No. Shooting at him is useless." said a green haired man with three swords strapped to his hip.

"He deflected the bullets with his sword"

(Y/N) watched the new guy with interest.

"I've Never seen such subtle sword-work" He said with admiration.

"Without subtlety, a sword is but an iron bar" Mihawk replied disinterested while replacing his sword.

"You split this Galleon with that sword?" the green haired swordsman questioned.

"Of course" Mihawk replied nonchalantly.

"I see. Then you are the greatest." The swordsman said with a smile.

(Y/N)'s eyes narrowed at the young man from around her dad's seat (Is he going to try challenging my father?)

"I went to sea to find you!!" he called out.

"Why?" Mihawk asked with disinterest.

"To be the greatest" He said with confidence tying a bandanna around his head.

"Looking for some fun?" he said drawing one of his swords and pointing it towards Mihawk.

"Then fight me" He stated.

"THE THREE-SWORD STYLE!! THAT'S ZORO!! RORONOA ZORO!!!" shouted the pirate that shot at them earlier.

(Roronoa Zoro? haven't heard of him before...) (Y/N) thought with a frown.

Everyone made a big deal about his name except for (Y/N) and her father who looked at the swords-man with his piercing yellow eyes.

"Pathetic. Weakling." he said coldy earning a small smile from his daughter.

(Y/N) stood up beside her father keeping the hat over her eyes reaching for her own sword.

"Father... may I fight him?" She asked quietly lifting her gaze and fixing the young man with her own (E/C) eyes.

Mihawk locked his gaze onto his young daughter looking between her and the fledgling swordsman beside them.

The pirates and civilians gasped in surprise at the young girl who seemingly appeared from nowhere.

"A-a girl? with that monster? who is she?" (Y/N) heard several pirates say in surprise.

The green haired swords-man looked at (Y/N) with annoyance.

"No offence but I want to fight the best not his tag-along" he stated arrogantly.

This made (Y/N)'s eyebrow twitch in annoyance, how dare he a fresh face idiot from a weak sea like this insult her?!

"If you want to face my father, you'll have to surpass me first, WEAKLING!!!" she said with authority drawing her sword and pointing it towards the pirate hunter.

Everyone's eyes popped out of their heads at her statement even the chef's were surprised.

"F-father?! Hawk Eyes Mihawk has a child?! and a daughter to boot?!" yelled the pirates.

They then noticed her eyes and jumped back in shock "S-she has the same eyes!! she must be his kid!!"

(Y/N) jumped from her fathers boat and stood in front of Zoro with her sword ready, Mihawk stood back watching the fight with annoyance.

"All I have to do is beat you, and I'll get a shot at your father? Easy!" Zoro said confidently.

(Y/N)'s eyes narrowed dangerously "Such arrogance..."

"(Y/N)" Mihawk said tossing his cross to his daughter, she caught it with one hand looking at her father.

She resheathed her sword and drew a tiny dagger from the cross with an embarrassed expression "S-sorry father I guess I was getting a little carried away..." she said rubbing the back of her head.

"What is that for?" Zoro asked.

"You don't hunt rabbits with a cannon, You may be the strongest here but your still not on my level or my daughter's for that matter..." Mihawk answers while (Y/N) turns back to Zoro with focus.

"I apologise but you see, that's the smallest knife I've got."

Zoro get's angry at those words "Better take it easy with the bravado..."

"I'll take her down easy!!" he shouts running towards (Y/N) with his swords raised.

"Your a little frog, croaking in your puddle. Time you learned how big the world is" Mihawk says crossing his arms, his daughter gets into a stance ready to fight.

"ONI--!!" Zoro says crossing his arms ready to strike.

(Y/N) ready's the knife her father lent her.

"--GIRI!!!!" the swords clash against the tip of the knife (Y/N) effortlessly holding his attack off.

"WHHAAAAAAT!!!?" all the pirates and chef's yell in shock at the young woman who stopped such a well known and powerful attack so easily.

Zoro looks at the knife with shock before looking at (Y/N) who had a confidant smirk on her face.

"RAAAAAR!!!" Zoro yells in frustration slashing at the girl wildly, she just effortlessly parried his attacks while sidestepping the others gracefully.

This went on for a few minutes until Mihawk asked a question.

"What drives you? Why do you fight so hard when you cannot even win against a girl?" (Y/N) continued fending off his assault as he asked this.

"Your a weakling..." She said with the smirk still present on her face.

"OUR BROTHER'S NOT A WEAKLING YOU BUZZARD EYED BRAT!!!!" a guy in blue with sunglasses yelled.

"I'LL TEACH YOU A LESSON. THAT BRAT'S GOING..." said a guy in green.

"Stop! Stay out of it Yosaku and Johnny!!!" yelled a boy in a straw-hat.

"Control yourselves!" he said clenching his teeth while holding the two men down.

Zoro falls to the deck of the sinking ship (Y/N) still standing with her smirk.

He immediately get's up getting into a new stance with his swords behind his back.

"TIGER..." he says as she rushes towards him suddenly.

"...HUNT!!!"

SHUNK!! the knife stabs into Zoro's chest blood running down his shirt.

"BROTHER!" the two from earlier yell Luffy looking even more tense, like he could barely stay back.

(Y/N) stood holding the knife she looks at the swordsman expecting to find fear, but was surprised to see him giving a look of resolve even as blood drips onto the deck.

"Do you want to die? why don't you retreat?" Mihawk asks from the sidelines.

"I... Can't... If I retreat even one step... My vow... My ambition... Everything I care about will be shattered. And all my dreams will be lost forever." he said trembling from the blood loss while (Y/N) listens intently.

"Yes that's defeat" Mihawk says coldly.

"heh... So I can't retreat" he says looking at (Y/N) defiantly.

"Even if it means death?" She asks, curious about his answer.

"I prefer death to defeat" Zoro says with conviction.

This made (Y/N) pause in admiration, most men would cower in fear or beg for their lives in this position, yet this man doesn't even flinch.

(Amazing... his drive is almost as strong as mine)

(Y/N) felt a hand on her shoulder and looked to her father who stood beside her looking towards the young man intently.

"Boy... state your name" Mihawk says as (Y/N) pulls out the knife.

"Roronoa Zoro" He says getting into another stance.

"I'll remember it" Mihawk says "it's been a while since I've met one so brave"

he draws his blade as (Y/N) moves back knowing that her father wants to test this young man himself, now that he's shown he's not like the other challengers.

"I will honor the swords-man's code... and send you to your death myself with this black blade the finest in the world"

(Y/N) moves back and watches with interest.

Mihawk and Zoro lunge towards each other with Mihawk coming out unharmed and Zoro getting a big cut across the chest and two shattered swords.

(Y/N) watches as he sheathes his remaining sword, turns towards her father, and stands with his arms open.

(What is he doing?) she wonders.

"What are you..." Mihawk asks surprised.

"Wounds on the back... Are a swords-man's shame" he stated with a smile.

"Magnificent" Mihawk says with a smile.

(Y/N) watches with a smile of her own as her father slashes the young swords-man across the chest.

"ZORO!" The straw hat boy and his friends scream as he falls into the water.

(Y/N) walks over to her father as the straw hat boy pulls back his arm, and the other two dive into the water to save their friend.

"DAMN YOU!!" The boy yells as his arm stretches over to the piece of ship (Y/N) and Mihawk stood on.

(Huh, a devil fruit user) (Y/N) thinks to herself.

"The young swords-man's crewmate. you did well..."

"To let him fight his own battle to the end!!!" Mihawk said as the boy flew over screaming.

(Y/N) and MIhawk sidestepped his attack and he crashed into the ship, getting stuck fast.

The boy pulled himself out of the wreck landing on the deck.

"Don't worry I left him alive" Mihawk said looking towards Zoro as Johnny and Yosaku pull him out of the water.

"My name is Dracule Mihawk!!"

"And this is (Y/N) Mihawk!! He declares.

"It's too soon for you to die"

"Discover yourself, see the world!!"

"and grow strong Zoro!!!"

"However long it may take... I shall await you at the top"

"Strive with your whole heart and mind to best this blade fierce one!!!"

"STRIVE TO SURPASS ME, RORONOA ZORO!!!" He says proudly.

(Y/N) turns to the straw hat boy with curiosity "What are you going to do?"

"Become king of the pirates!" He says.

"Your going down a hard road..." (Y/N) says.

"One even more perilous that trying to surpass me!" Mihawk adds with a smile.

"I DON'T CARE THAT'S WHAT I'M GOING TO BE!" He yells back sticking out his tongue.

After that Zoro makes his vow to never lose again as long as he lives.

Mihawk smiles at this "They make a great team"

"Yeah they do, father" (Y/N) says with a smile of her own.

"I hope we see you... again someday" Mihawk says as he and his daughter walk away towards their boat.

Then the idiot Don Krieg tries to attack the pair as they leave only for Mihawk to escape along with his daughter.

A DISTANCE AWAY A FEW MINUTES LATER

"So father... do you think he will surpass you?" (Y/N) asks worriedly.

"Perhaps... but not for a long time yet" he responds placing his hand on her head and smoothing down her hair.

"I guess I'll have to train harder to become the best before he can!" (Y/N) states proudly holding onto the hilt of her sword.

"Indeed" he responds.

"But I'm glad... you found someone worthy like me..." She yawns sleepily.

He looks down to her with a fatherly smile.

"Rest now (Y/N) I will wake you when we reach home..."

She yawns once more and lays her head down on his lap again "G'night, father"

She falls asleep with him carefully stroking her hair as they sail back to his manor, once they arrive home she will redouble her training to stay ahead of her new competition.

(Finally... I've got a rival, even if he's so weak right now...)