Chapter 22

I woke up at the sound of the alarm clock from my phone, tapping it to shut as I let out a yawn. I looked at the clock and it was 7.15 am. I ruffled my hair tiredly and forced myself to get up from the bed.

I tied my hair up into a messy bun and rubbed my face with my hands to able myself feeling a little better. I grabbed my towel and headed to the bathroom to have a warm shower.

I entered the bathroom and locked the door afterwards. I stood in front of the sink and started to brush my teeth and wash my face. Done with that, I removed all the pieces of clothing from my body and dumped it into the laundry basket.

I turned on the shower tap and let the warm water run along my tired body. I let out a sigh as the water slowly freshen up my body, making me wide awake. I washed my body with the lavender-scented bathing shower and rinsed it off then.

I turned off the shower tap and took my towel to wipe my body. I wrapped my towel around my naked body and walked out from the bathroom. I headed to my closet and picked out an outfit for today.

I wear the outfit that I have chose and looked at my reflection from the mirror

I wear the outfit that I have chose and looked at my reflection from the mirror. Satisfied with my look, I walked out of my room and headed downstairs for breakfast.

I walked down the stairs and headed to the kitchen as soon as I reached the last floor. I entered the kitchen and was greeted by the maids who were still serving our breakfast. There are three of them.

"Good morning!" I greeted them with a smile as I walked to the fridge.

"Good morning, Ms Lenny!" They greeted back and I just smile.

"You're awake early today" One of the maids said.

I opened the water bottle and gulped down the water little by little, "I have to do a lot of works today. I need to empty the shop before I go back to Canada".

"You really want to go back?" She asked again, looking a little sad and worried.

"Yes, why?" I asked her.

She looks at the other before looking back at me, "I'm sorry but all of us here overheard your conversation with Wendy. We were in charge in the kitchen so we happened to hear all of it".

"Oh.. it's okay. Nothing is bad with that. So, why?" I asked her, feeling a little confused.

"I'm just asking if you're really sure to leave him like that. I don't mean to interfere with your private life but.. you know" She tried to explain but got nervous as she did so.

I smiled at her, "I need time for myself. It's not like I'm going to leave forever. We didn't end us but I need time".

She smiled, "If you say so. Here, have your breakfast now".

She handed me a plate of a hot pancake that she has just cooked to me. I thanked her afterwards and walked to the tablr to sit. I poured some syrups and butter onto the pancake and started to eat.