1. Bar

Neon light flashed around a sign with Harry's BAR written in bold letters.
I had passed this area for about thousands of times. Not once had I thought of actually going in; even though it was the most popular bar in the area.

But today I am standing here, in a 'bar worthy' attire - black figure hugging dress and 4 inched heels (which are totally different from my regular clothes and shoes) waiting on the line to enter it. If I had had a choice, I'd have preferred to stay in, reading my books. But Carly, my best friend had made it clear that her maid of honor had to show up in her bachelorette party. She knew that I didn't know much about parties so she took aid of her other 'outgoing' bridesmaids to conduct this event. All I had to do was show up and that's what I was doing, honoring my best friend's wishes.

After a long wait, I finally entered the bar and found Carly, sitting with her friends.

"Lexie!" She chirped happily pulling me into a hug. "You're here."

"Of course, I am. I wouldn't have missed it for the world." I said her as we sat on our chairs. "You look great by the way. You have that bridal glow going on."

"Really? She asked glowing in happiness. "You do too and I finally got you to wear a dress."

"And these." I showed her my feet with shimmering golden sandal on. "Seriously, how do you guys walk on these?"

"Oh God! I feel like your fairy godmother right now." She said wiping fake tears. "You look perfect but..."

Oh no! Not the glasses. Please don't take the glasses.

"I'll take these off." She said pulling out my glasses carefully.

You took the glasses. I sigh at her. Perfect! Now I am half blind. I can't really see without my glasses on. I can only make out the shape of objects if they are kept at an arm's length away.

I tried to get it back from her but she refused to do so and used the bride-to-be card to avoid further discussions.

"It's time for the games to start!" Janet squealed with excitement.

An hour later I excused myself to go to the ladies room. Finding my way back from the washroom turned out to be a nightmare. The bar seemed to have gotten more crowded in the few minutes I wasn't there. Everything was blurry and the darkness of the bar didn't help.

All I knew was I was doing rounds of the same place. My feet were aching in pain. I searched for an empty seat to rest which proved to be hard because I was not wearing my glasses. I walked to the far end of a bar where I spotted a vacant chair, ready to be sat upon. As soon as I sat down, I heard the chair's deep voice yell, "Hey! Get off me."

Wait... chairs don't talk.

I immediately stood up and so did the chair, forming the figure of a man whose face I couldn't make out properly. I quickly apologized to him and ran off to the counter.

I can't believe I sat on top of a stranger. (Actually the bottom.)

"A glass of red wine, please." I gave my order to the busy bartender and waited for my drink. I remembered the chair incident and felt embarrassed. Thank you Carly! For taking my glasses.

I placed my palm on my forehead and let my hair fall over my face, hopefully covering it. I couldn't see his face didn't mean he didn't. It would be awfully embarrassing if he found me.

As I was sipping my drink, I heard a sexy voice say, "Do you have a name or can I call you mine?."

I almost spit out the drink and started coughing. "Excuse me?"