Epilogue and Author's Note

*EPILOGUE*

*THE NEXT MORNING*

When I wake up, my head is wrapped all the way around with white bandaging, like they do in movies.  My arm is a pin cushion of needles attached to long tubes that are dripping liquids into me.  I can't feel a thing, which is good I guess, because I'm sure if I could feel anything, I'd be in a ton of pain.  

A girl comes in through the door and sits down on the seat pulled next to my bed.  I rub my eyes with my hands, trying my best not to unplug anything.  

"Hey, Will," she whispers.  She cups my face with one hand and smiles apologetically.

"Faye?" I ask and then manage a small smile.  (Or at least I think I do, because I still can't feel a darned thing.)  "You're alive?"

She shakes her head so little I almost miss it.  "No," she answers with a soft smile.  "And neither are you."  She says it slowly and quietly.  

"Then where are we?" I say, my speech slurring a bit.  This is incredibly overhwhelming.

"Nowhere," she tells me, still whispering.  "But somewhere at the same time.  It's a place where only the dead exist."

I just nod, feeling too tired to do anything else.  Faye strokes my hand like she used to do before she was here.  Her eyes are closed and she's humming softly.  I just watch her, trying to soak in everything about her.  She looks just like she used to:  soft hair, thick eyelashes, tan skin.  

Still Faye.  

"We still do everything like we did when we were alive," she explains, her eyes settling on me.  "We sleep, eat, drink, the whole shebang."  She smiles at me, and I smile back.  

"And we can do all of that together?" I ask, hoping I didn't sound too desperate.  

"Yes," she laughs, filling the room with the most wonderful sound.  God, I've missed that sound so much.  "But first, you need to rest.  Get healed and then we can start our new lives together.  We'll just be dead this time."  And then we both laugh, because we're together again.  

***

(I don't even know how to prioritize what all I'm thinking and trying to say so I'm just going to put it in a list.)

     1.  HOLY HECK I JUST FINISHED THIS BOOK AND WROTE AN EPILOGUE THAT I HOPE WILL GIVE Y'ALL SOME CLOSURE TO WILL AND FAYE'S STORY.  

     2.  I really truly hoped y'all liked the story, because I enjoyed writing it.  

     3.  If I'm being honest, I literally did not name Will until chapter forty something and Faye until two chapters ago.  

     4.  Also, in case you haven't noticed, the reason it is called 'float' is because after Will went into the river, he floated away after he died.  (I'm such a terrible person, and I'm sorry.)

     5.  (And because I have been asked, I am a girl writing from a boy's POV who is complely made up.  Faye and Will are just a figment of my imagination and their whole story was based off a tumblr post.)  (Most of my stories have stemmed from tumblr posts, it's nothing new.)

                                                                                THE END