Chapter 5

When I woke up several hours later I heard Chloe and Logan arguing again. "I TOLD YOU EARLIER THAT IT WASN'T MY FAULT." I heard Logan yell.

"WHY COULD YOU NOT HAVE CALLED HUH? I LOVED YOU LOGAN! I WAS A STUPID TEENAGE GIRL IN LOVE WITH HER BEST FRIEND WHEN YOU LEFT! DO YOU KNOW WHAT IT FEELS LIKE TO HAVE THE PERSON YOU LOVED MOST RIPPED FROM YOUR GRASP?!" Chloe screamed back.

I got up and made my way into the kitchen.

"Yes, Chloe, I do know what that feels like. When I was 7 my mom left us. You were there. You know this. I still haven't had the chance to see her even after I left because I have no idea where she is. My dad refused to even talk about her. So yes I do know what that feels like. I'm sorry I wasn't there for you. You were always my best friend. Nothing more nothing less. You were like a sister to me. I know I hurt you and it kills me every day that I did and I want nothing more than to be able to fix that." I could tell that Logan was being sincere.

"Get out." I heard Chloe say quietly.

I hear Logan sigh and say "I really do mean it, Chloe. I'll leave for now, but know I meant every word I said. I don't want to lose you again. You were and are my best friend." and then he left.

As soon as the door closed Chloe let out a sob.

"Chloe please tell me what happened between you and Logan. You've kept it to yourself for so long and it's hurting you more than you show. Please tell me so I can help." I said wrapping my arms around her and just hugging her until she calmed down.

After several minutes she finally calmed down enough to talk to me. "For as long as I can remember Logan was my best friend. I was 2 years older than him but it didn't feel like it. When I was sixteen and still trying to figure out who I was, I had a huge crush on him and it didn't go away until after he left me. Logan knew who he was at an early age. He knew he was bi before I even started to think about if I like girls or not. When I was 17 and he was 15, he left. He never said anything to me. He was just... gone..." she trailed off before continuing. "I loved him at the time and him leaving broke me, and now he wants to come back are pretend it never happened."

"Chloe, breath. I know what he did hurt you. He knows that. He is trying to fix what happened and you won't even give him a chance. He wants to be your friend again. Please just try to talk to him. I haven't known him for long but he already, somehow, wormed his way into my heart and I care for him. I care for you too though and I want to make things right between you guys."

"I'm sorry Lucy, I can tell you like him. He really is a good guy. And you're right I do need to talk to him and move past this. I know that he meant what he said.