Supernatural friends

So, how this chapter will work is that each scenario will be one 'part' in this single chapter. It's set in the modern day world, but obviously in an alternate universe. Enjoy!

~~~~~~~~

Part 1

"Guys! Guess what!" screamed the overly excited female who barged into the house.

The two men and one women who were sitting on the couch didn't seem overly surprised to see the scarlet haired woman.

"What is it?" asked Blake in exasperation to Muriel.

Muriel pouted at his brisk tone, but smiled in seconds as she raised her left hand and displayed the newly put engagement ring with a carat diamond in it.

"Sam proposed!" she exclaimed.

Everyone gathered around in congratulations but Blake stood a little further back than the rest. Muriel looked towards her werewolf friend who was being a little out of character at the moment.

"Hey Blake, what's the matter? I'd think you would be the most eager for me to be taken out of your hair already," she joked.

Blake snorted, "I'm so happy inside, but I'm trying to seem polite."

"He's just jealous that you're not going to be hanging around with us as much anymore," teased their friend Arianna.

Blake crossed his arms and scoffed, "Please, she'll be begging for us to rescue her within a month."

~

"You okay Muriel, has Sam been acting like a jerk to you?" asked Arianna to Muriel when they were meeting up at Starbucks for coffee. Muriel was somewhat slumped on the table in a gloomy mood that Arianna has seen her in since she arrived.

"Blake's become distant" she mumbled out.

Arianna cocked her head in a way that cats do, she was a cat-shifter so that made sense.

"You know how wolves are. he's probably backing off because Sam's claimed you."

Muriel made a face, "He hasn't claimed me, just asked me to marry him. And besides, we both know Blake wouldn't pass up the opportunity to mess with me if he got the chance."

"What do you mean?"

Muriel puffed out a breath of air and sat up while propping her head on her fist.

"Well, the other day I was wrestling John, and winning, and when John whined for Blake to help him, he just walked away. Then the other day, I had come over to his pack house and he had flipped about coming in unannounced and rushed me out. I don't get it Ari. We've been the dynamic duo since we were kids, and now I think I'm losing him," Muriel explained.

"How long as this been going on?"

"Since three weeks ago."

Arianna looked around the store as she thought and glanced at Muriel's hands holding her drink then did a double take. She grabbed Muriel's left hand and raised it up to inspect the metal.

"Muriel, do you know what metal this is?" Arianna exclaimed.

Muriel looked down and jumped in shock as she realized the reason why she was so troubled recently. 

~

"Hey Blake," Muriel called out as she ran up to him in the driveway. Blake's eyes flashed in secret worry, but turned it into annoyance to hide it.

"What is it Muriel?" he asked tightly, but was shocked when suddenly she barreled into him in a massive hug.

"I'm sorry I didn't notice sooner and that you were scared that I would hurt you," she murmured.