Eighteen

Jack didn't think he would ever get tired of staring at her, at her lithe body as it stretched out over his couch, their couch, and filled every alpha impulse of his with languid satisfaction.

Mate.

Her lips curled up slowly as she met his gaze and her fingers paused in spooning food into her mouth.

"You're so hot." She said shamelessly, words slightly slurred.

Jack could feel the currents of pleasure still coursing through the bond as the result of the bite and consequential love-making. He was scent drunk, love drunk, every type of intoxicated off her presence- and she likewise concerning him.

Mate. Mate. Mate.

He almost tripped over his feet in an attempt to get close to her, just about catching his balance before he knocked the bowl of soup out of her hand when he fell down on the couch.

"Oops." He mumbled, righting himself.

She only laughed. "Still sexy."

Shaking his head, he fulfilled his dream of dragging the beautiful omega into his lap when she placed the bowl safely to the side. He thought that she fit on him perfectly, the tips of her toes not even reaching to his ankles as she made herself comfortable.

"You're a strange girl, Summer."

She crooked her head to stare up at his face. "Because I'm hopelessly in love with you?"

He lifted his eyebrows at her.

Smiling, she twisted around even more to place an earnest kiss against his lips. "Well, you should have thought about that before you mated me. Now you're stuck with me." She wiggled her shoulders teasingly.

Jack groaned, dipping his head to the crook of her neck when she sat normally again. "How did I get so lucky?" He mumbled against her skin. "I never thought I had a chance."

"Are you serious? I had a crush on you since the day we met. I honestly don't know how you didn't see it. I was terrible at hiding it."

"I don't know." He muttered.

"Like seriously," she deadpanned. "I made every excuse just to talk to you; I always came to visit you at work and I even lied about forgetting my keys at home so that I could come over to your house. Remember that?"

Jack looked down at her in amazement. "You lied about that?"

She picked up his hand and held it to her chest, laughing. "I stank of lie, Jack." She told him. "I was sure that you knew and that you were just being polite."

"Yeah... I didn't notice at all." He scratched the back of his head with his free hand. "I think I was more preoccupied with trying to drive without killing the two of us."

"Huh?"

"Do you know how hard it was to be around you?" He questioned, voice pained as he thought back. "It actually hurt to be next to you, fighting against my own body as it demanded to mate you. The car drive was torture."

She shifted so that she could lay her head against his chest.

"It hurt me too." She admitted. "That's why I was always touching you so much. It made it less painful."

He sighed.

"To be honest, I didn't think I had a real chance with you either." she confessed. "I started dating Dave at uni, thinking that I was over you, but all the feelings came flooding back when I saw you again. I couldn't stay with him for long- it just didn't feel right."