6. Pain

I woke up as soon as I felt the warm tingling sensation from the sun beating down at me from the only open window inside the cell. 

I realized there was a blanket covering me, did someone come down in the middle of the night?

I rubbed my eyes in an attempt to start being cautious of my surroundings. I yawned out loud and looked at my hands again.

It has healed a little, but it was still obvious that I had touched silver. I tucked my hands in and attempted to go back to sleep, but I quickly regained my senses when I heard footsteps.

"Hey..." I quickly recognized that female voice and knew it belonged to none other than the person who caused the misunderstanding of my mate and me as well as my suffering inside this rat hole. 

I turned to face the inside of the cell, not wanting to look at her.

"Are u okay?" She tried not to crack her delicate voice. 

"If you're in my position, would you be okay?" I asked her.

"I'm sorry...that was a stupid question."

"Sure was." 

There was a short moment of silence before she spoke up again. "Look I'm sorry for what Jax has done to you."

"It's not your fault," I said.

"If I hadn't cried, you probably won't be here right now."

"Don't blame yourself, Amelia." I tried to shorten the conversation. I really didn't want to continue this further. 

"Yes, it's my fault you're in this cell!" She cried.

"I said it wasn't your fault."

"But why did you...say those things to me...? Did I do or say something to you?"

I froze.

"Don't Amelia. Just...don't. "

"A sore topic for you I guess?"

"Something like that."

"That's why you said those words...I knew you didn't say them intentionally... I'm so sorry Scar, I didn't know."

"It's okay. Just go." 

"I'll have someone bring you food later okay?"

I gave her a tiny nod before I heard her standing up and leaving. I could finally heave a sigh of relief and turned to look up at the ceiling. To be honest, being alone in this cell, does give me some peace and quiet for a while.

But then again, the bed is much better than this. *sigh* When are we gonna get out of here Elizabeth?

.

.

I heard another set of footsteps walking down a long while after Amelia came down with some food. I was still sitting cross-legged and munching on the bread when I saw those perfectly polished business shoes in front of me. I looked up and tugged my hair behind me.  

"You look like a mess." 

"What else do you expect from a girl who you threw into a cell? Wearing some gown with expensive french perfume and high heel shoes to greet you? Don't make me laugh." 

"You seem chatty today. Ready to talk?"

"About what?" I sighed as I got up to my feet. 

"You know what I'm talking about." 

"Pretty sure I don't." I hummed.

"Don't test my patience Scar!"

"What are you gonna do about it?" I smirked.