[16]

ii

ii. New Everything

Gwen sat on the hood of the jeep looking up at the moon. She rubbed her fingers through her now a little above the shoulder length hair. Her and Malia cut theirs at the same time thinking it was time for a change.

Thunder splayed in the background while Stiles spoke, "Alright, so I found some cool two bedrooms in the Mission District, but they're pretty expensive. A couple in Haight and Ashbury. Also expensive."

Gwen loathed talking about college with them. She didn't want to see her best friend or her brother go.

"What about Berkeley?" Scott asked, "Don't a lot of students live around there?"

"Yeah, yeah, we could try Nob Hill. But, the Jeep would probably burn through a lot of clutches."

Gwen rolled her eyes at the mention of the jeep that was slowly deteriorating. "You're bringing the jeep?" She asked smiling at Scott.

"You know the plan, okay. No one gets left behind. That's the plan." Stiles said looking up at his baby sister.

"Yeah except me." Gwen looked down at her lap sadly.

Stiles glared at her, "Lydia's not gonna have a problem getting into Stanford. Kira's thinking USF. Malia's, uh, gonna, you know, she'll figure something out, okay. The plan is perfect."

"Or we could also wait until we actually get into college and then figure out where to live." Scott suggested making him and the blonde chuckle.

"I have a vision dude okay and it is a beautiful vision. Don't ruin the vision." Stiles said.

"It's already ruined cause I'm not in it." Gwen said sharply. "Okay, Gwen. You need to stop complaining because Malia and Liam will be here with you."

She rolled her eyes, "Yeah, but I'd like my brother." Sarcasm laced her voice.

"Okay. Whatever. We can check out the East Bay. Haven't looked at Oakland yet, you know."

Scott continued to watch the full moon, lightening striking all around it.

"You alright? You starting to feel it?" Stiles asked.

Scott shook his head, "'No. Just thinking."

"About what?" Gwen asked taking the pen from Stiles so he would have to write down anymore. "Senior year."

"Senior year, come on, that's-that's nothing. That's going to be easy." Stiles said nervously. "It's more like something Deaton told me once." Scott sat up more trying to explain.

"You ever hear of regression to the mean?"

Gwen shook her head and Stiles replied, "No I don't think so."

"It's basically his way of saying that life can't ever be all bad or all good. You know, eventually things have to come back to the middle. So, think about the last few months. Things have been good right, but not amazing."