"one"

❛ season three. ❜

"𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬, unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers

"𝐃𝐞𝐫𝐞𝐤 𝐰𝐚𝐬 𝐚 𝐥𝐨𝐭 𝐥𝐢𝐤𝐞 𝐦𝐨𝐬𝐭 𝐭𝐞𝐞𝐧𝐚𝐠𝐞𝐫𝐬, unbearably romantic, profoundly narcissistic, tolerable really only to other teenagers. The thing that changed him was the same thing that changes a lot of young men - A girl,"

Peter Hale stood above his niece, Cora Hale and his somewhat of a friend, Stiles Stilinski. The three were waiting for Derek to come back after what had happened with the hunters when the older werewolf overheard the two teens talking about the Hale men's younger days. This made him want to intervene as Peter was a born storyteller and knew Derek's story of his first love off by heart.

"So you're telling me some girl broke his little heart? That's why Derek is the way he is?" Stiles grumpily replied to the older man as he huffed. The Stilinski boy just wanted his friends and family to be safe, and the information on Derek wasn't beneficial at this moment in time whilst he waited for his best friend and Allison to come back to help with their current situation.

Peter stared at the boy with narrowed eyes at the way he spoke about Derek's first love, no one was allowed to speak of her in any other way but admiration as that girl was the strongest little thing out there - well, she used to be.

Stiles' comment prompted the uncle to retell the two lovebirds' story, which had happened nearly fourteen years ago now, even if it was Peter's version of it.

"Do you remember Derek, before he was an Alpha, had blue eyes? Do you know why some wolves have blue eyes? If you want to know what changed Derek, you need to know what changed the colour of his eyes."

o. 𝐟𝐚𝐥𝐥 𝐢𝐧 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐰𝐢𝐭𝐡 𝐬𝐨𝐦𝐞𝐨𝐧𝐞 𝐰𝐡𝐨 𝐝𝐨𝐞𝐬𝐧'𝐭 𝐦𝐚𝐤𝐞 𝐲𝐨𝐮 𝐭𝐡𝐢𝐧𝐤 𝐥𝐨𝐯𝐞 𝐢𝐬 𝐡𝐚𝐫𝐝.