The Wall

Sarah smiled to herself as she browsed through her chats, reviewing her conversations with him. She couldn't get enough of his words. He had blown her away with his selective creativity. It melted her. Every time they met for coffee, He triggered explosions of Euphoria inside her while she dreamily gazed into his light brown eyes, intently listening to the baritone in his masculine voice, passing unnoticed glances at the wisps of chest hair oozing out the split of his shirt, his scent mingled with the scintillating smell of cologne. It was sensational. She loved how he hovered above her, looking down at her, while her libido screamed within her. She had never felt more conscious of herself for anyone in her life. Constantly questioning herself as a person had become a daily routine. Bettering herself had become a priority. He was compassionate, he had a feminine side. Dreamy, thoughtful and loving.... So perfect! She sighed to herself as she dreamed of sharing a life with him. Browsing through the chats they had exchanged over the last few months, she came across the most recent one five days ago:

Memegirl90: Tell me more, please.

Guitargeek24:There is something I need to share with you.

Memegirl90:Yes, what is it? Is it about the story? Is it about us? Are you going to propose?!!

Guitargeek24:How did you guess?!

Memegirl90:I've been waiting for it...it's kind of been on my mind you know :p

Guitargeek24:Umm...We are good friends right?

Memegirl90:I want us to be more than just friends, I want us to be the definition of forever... I'm crazy about you Jack.. Ever since we met, I can't stop thinking about you. Everything about you makes me weak, and I'm not weak. Please propose... Please make me yours forever?

Guitargeek24: Sarah.... I don't know how to tell you this but... I thought we were just friends.

Memegirl90: I don't understand Jack...I thought we were falling for each other..

Guitargeek24: I'm sorry Sarah, but I never intended for that.. We have been talking and hanging out, because I saw a friend in you. It isn't what you think. I was in fact going to tell you about who I want to propose to, We've been in love for over four years now. I'm sorry if it upsets you, but I wasn't looking for love.

Sarah swallowed down the anguish exploding inside her as she read this message.

Memegirl90: It's fine Jack, I understand. I didn't know.

Guitargeek24: I'm really sorry, Sarah. Can we still be friends?

Memegirl90: I would never want to lose you as a friend Jack. You mean a lot to me. I can't wait to meet her!

Guitargeek24: Her name's Liz. She's going to love you Sarah, I'm so glad you are going to meet her! :D

Memegirl90: Can't wait to! How about we all have dinner at my place tonight?

Guitargeek24: That sounds great! You sure though?

Memegirl90: Never been more sure of this, Jack. Tonight at 8?

Guitargeek24: Done. See you then!

Her eyes brimmed with tears are she painfully scrolled through the messages, her heart breaking bit by bit with every progressing word. She felt an unusual pain inside her, well known to the human race, but it was her first time experiencing it. How would she deal with the hurt? It would have to be dealt with in a mature way, this pain. No matter how much it bothered her while she was at work, or eating, or trying to sleep, it ate at her.

Closing the browser, she slowly got up from her chair and went to the kitchen to make herself some coffee. Once she prepared herself a steaming cup, she walked up to the first floor, and walked onto the balcony of her bedroom, and sat on her rocking chair, allowing the smell of coffee to permeate her nostrils. It brought about a sense of calming to her as she rocked back and forth, sipping her brew, the cool breeze and suburban view gently caressing her face as she gazed toward the setting sun on the horizon. She watched the little children of the street play and run around joyfully.It was innocence she longed to feel again - but how could she? Was she utterly psychotic for what she had assumed and done? Letting her heart feel for someone who would never feel the same? Suddenly, a wave of serenity overtook her, and she gently smiled to herself. It isn't all that bad, at least no one will ever know. Time to get over it, and move on. You can do this Sarah! She put down her cup on the little table next to her ashtray, and lit a cigarette. She inhaled deeply and let the nicotine calm her while she exhaled. Halfway through she crushed it out in the ashtray, rose up, and walked down towards the basement.

She unlatched the chains around the huge wooden door of her basement, used the key to unlock the massive lock and pushed the door open. It made a piercing creaking sound as it heavily slid open. She looked into the darkness beyond the barely visible staircase. This is it, she thought to herself, finally sure of her decision. She flipped on the light switch on the left, and watched the darkness illuminate a dim yellow. With every step she took descending the stairs, she grew colder, more confident. The tears in her eyes receded into the deepest depressions of her eye sockets, her face hardened, as the silent demons applauded her from somewhere within. They urged her forward to the door at the base of the staircase, again heavily locked. She unlocked it and walked through, through a corridor to a final room, all the way to the back. Finally, at the end of the room came the foundations of the brick wall she had laid out, behind which in two chairs sat Jack and Elizabeth, bound with rope and chains. Sarah was proud of her accomplishment. She had successfully drugged the "Dinner" she had invited them for. Once they woke up they had found themselves in this predicament, one which they deserved. Jack gagged through the cloth stuffed in his mouth, the fear and loathing in his eyes. Tears streamed down Elizabeth's face. Serves you right bitch, Sarah chuckled to herself. She gazed into Jack's terrified eyes deeply for a few moments, the emotions of of ten minutes ago buried in the past.

"Well, it looks like I've made up my mind Jack. I Just wanted you to know, it was real."

Jack tried to scream through gags, what sounded like "Please, for goodness sake, Please stop this! Let us go!"

"You had your chance, Jack. Goodbye." Sarah began to fill the last few bricks that would cover them up for good, make them disappear from her life. Their muffled screams of terror grew louder, only audible to the confines of this dark room, as she lay brick over brick. They squirmed and shook violently, a last great attempt to escape their fate. Sarah was sure she heard a muffled " You crazy BITCHH!!". Before laying the last brick, she peeped through the rectangular hole, their futile struggle filling her with a satisfaction she had never experienced before.

"Goodbye Jack." She put the last brick in. Their final struggles were all but muffled sounds in the silence of the basement now, soon to fade away. She had starved them, to ensure they wouldn't have the strength to break free. You can be together forever now, Sarah thought to herself as she cemented the brick wall, soon to become one with the basement.

THE END