Ch.33

Harry's POV

It was our first day back in the studio, and I had just finished up my bit of recording. I grabbed a water before walking over to the couch and plopping down next to Camryn. 

"What're you playing?" I asked while leaning over to see the phone screen. 

"Sims." She said, keeping her eyes glued to the screen. 

"You made me a character, right?" I asked. 

"Yeah, I made everyone." She nodded.

"Can I see mine?" I asked. She better have made me look good. If not, I'm changing it. Camryn nodded and clicked on my character. 

"See? Looks just like you." She smiled. 

"Good." I nodded in approval. "How long have you been playing that?" 

"I don't know." She shrugged. I knew she was lying. I've been keeping an eye on her. 

"The whole time?" I asked knowingly. She sighed and nodded. 

"How about you take a break." I hummed and held out my hand for the phone. 

"And do what?" She asked while placing it in my hand. 

"And talk to me." I smiled and put the phone down next to me. 

"About?" She asked. 

"I heard you met Demi." I said. "What did you think?" 

"She's cool." Camryn shrugged. 

"That's it?" I chuckled. Camryn usually tells me things she doesn't want to talk to Niall about. I figured I'd just ask about Demi to see what she thought.  

"Okay, she's more than cool. She's perfect." Camryn admitted. 

"So you like her." I stated.

"Yeah, I like her a lot." Camryn nodded. "If Niall wants to date her you can tell him I'm okay with it." 

"Why would I tell him that?" I chuckled. 

"Isn't that why you're asking me this? To report back to Niall?" She asked. 

"No." I hummed and shook my head. "I genuinely wanted to know what you thought about her."]

"Oh, sorry." She apologized softly. 

"Don't be, you didn't hurt my feelings." I chuckled. "I wouldn't be worried about Niall dating her either." 

"Why?" She asked curiously. 

"He told me he's just too busy." I shrugged. 

"With me." Camryn sighed and hung her head.

"No." I hummed and lifted her chin. "Because they're both busy with their careers. You need to stop thinking you're a problem, because you're not. Understand?" 

"Okay." Camryn nodded. "Sorry." 

"And stop apologizing for things you shouldn't be sorry for." I chuckled and patted her leg. Camryn nodded and finally smiled. 

"Is it almost time to go home?" She asked. I checked the time on my phone and nodded. 

"We should be done soon." I hummed.

After the boys wrapped it up, we gathered our things and made our way back out to the car. The ride home was quiet, because we were all pretty tired. When we walked into the house, Niall plopped down on the couch and turned on the tv. 

"Can we watch Disney Channel?" Camryn asked her brother. 

"In a little bit. Football is on." Niall said while turning the volume up. Camryn sighed and sat on the floor, taking out her coloring book from her backpack. I know Niall does so much for his little sister, but the kid must be bored out of her mind. All of her friends are back home, and she has no one to play with here. What kid wants to be around grown ups all the time? I figured I'd at least try and help with that. 

"Hey, Cam, do you want to help me bake?" I asked. I used to work in a bakery, so I knew my way around a kitchen. Besides, baking is a fun hobby. I think she'd like it too. 

"Sure." She smiled and nodded. 

"What do you want to bake?" I asked. 

"Cookies?" She asked. 

"Sounds good." I smiled and led her to the kitchen. 

"Do we have the stuff to make them?" Camryn asked. 

"Are you kidding? Of course we have it. Your brother wouldn't survive without cookie dough in the house." I chuckled. Camryn giggled and watched me take out the ingredients. I set everything on the counter and clapped my hands together.

"Okay, first thing we do is preheat the oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit." I said while doing just that. "Now we're going to mix the flour, baking soda, and salt." I said while pouring them into the bowl. "Would you like to do the honors?" I asked. 

"Yeah." Camryn smiled and started mixing them together. 

"You keep stirring that while I mix this stuff." I hummed and started mixing the rest of the ingredients in a separate bowl. 

"This is fun." Camryn giggled. 

"You can be my new baking buddy, how about that?" I smiled. 

"Okay." She nodded excitedly. I kept glancing into her bowl every once in a while to make sure she was doing okay. Once both bowls were sufficiently mixed, I combined them into one bowl. 

"Now we just put little pieces onto the cookie sheet." I hummed and showed her how to do it. "Make sure they're about the same size, and fairly spread out."

"Like this?" She asked while doing one. 

"Just like that." I nodded in approval. Once the sheet was full, I placed it in the oven. 

"Now what?" Camryn asked. 

"Now we what ten to fifteen minutes." I smiled. 

"And then they're done?" She asked. 

"Yup." I nodded. Camryn and I ate some chocolate chips while we were waiting, and watched the football game from the kitchen. When the timer went off I put on my oven mitts and took them out. 

"They look good!" Camryn smiled and admired them. After letting them sit for a minute I took a bite. 

"Taste good too." I hummed while chewing. 

"Let me try." She smiled and took a bite. 

"Yummy?" I asked.

"Mhm." She hummed and licked her lips. 

"I say we eat these all by ourselves." I chuckled. 

"Yeah." She giggled and nodded. "They can only have one if they let us watch Disney." 

"Good idea." I smiled and gave her a high five. Smart kid. You always use food to bribe Niall. Always. She must be taking after good ole Uncle Harry.