❝Brown Town❞ by EPrescott

BROWN TOWN

EPrescott

Brown Town was a miserable hellhole. Mud and feces and dead animals littered the streets, and more often than not, wild raccoons and rats were not the only one with missing body parts.

For fifteen years, Willy stood under the snowy cloudless sky, watching tiny white flakes crippled and melted into the colour of dirtiness. Over and over again, something inside her chest crumbled along with those ethereal flakes. Although each and every time, she'd collected the shattered pieces and taped them together again.

There was no future, or hope exists for her in this little town, but Willy just couldn't face the disappointment and miserable any longer.

Willy walked along the empty road, watching snowflakes sprinkled around her, spinning in circles and eventually consumed by the muddy ground. Locke yanked on his chain, not toward Brown Town Park but toward Blanc City.

Willy looked back at the dark, somber valley stretching beneath, her heart sank to her feet.

How many of her dreams had melted away into dirty puddles people stomped on?

Willy inhaled sharply, then turned and urged Locke to run down Route 8. Away from Brown Town. Away from her family and friends and memories.

Toward hope.