-22-

I snapped out of my daydream, and left to him. He had that look in his eyes again, the worried one. He has been having that for the last few weeks, and I had no idea why.

"Yes Hades?"

"What are you thinking about little bird?"

"My mother. I kind of miss her. Thanksgiving break is going to be coming up in the next few weeks, and I think I would like to go visit her."

"I think that would be a lovely idea."

"She is the one that taught me how to garden."

"Is she now?"

"Yes, I think that's why I really like biology. I think studying plants brings me closer to my mom in some way or another. Or maybe it just gives me really good memories again. I really miss her. She calls me all the time though, but I miss her. It's not the same. I'm just surprised she hasn't drove up here every weekend."

"Are you her only child?"

"Yes, it's always just been me and her."

"What about your father?"

"I don't know who my father is. But that doesn't matter, and never really gave two thoughts about it."

Hades just nodded. I wonder if he understood human emotion. He was a Greek god after all, he was supposed to be a mythical being, biddy ended up being the man I fell in love with. Even though we had confessed her love for each other, we barely do anything but hold hands. I was very much okay with that.

Just in my head when I thought about Greek gods, I didn't think about them being so modest.

I have started rereading about all the mythical gods, and I started to wonder about them and if they were real. Of course, he had to be real, Hades was right in front of me.

When I would ask him about them, he would just say, "I don't know them very well."

"Do you have anyone that you actually talk to?"

"You," he said with the ferry big smile.

"But I don't think I'm enough. I think you have to have somebody outside of a relationship. Other than your girlfriend."

"Are you my girlfriend?" He said grinning.

I blushed really hard. "I mean, I don't want to, I don't know, I'm sorry. I mean . . ."

he cut me off, but I think he did it out of pity. He grabbed my hand and powdered it very gently. "You are an amazing girlfriend to me and I hope I can be an amazing boyfriend to you."

That's when I felt my stomach drop and all the cheesy ways to describe love, how butterflies dance in your stomach, how your head gets all dizzy, I was starting to realize how true that was. I thought about our kiss that we had.

I didn't know how to tell him that he was actually my first kiss.

"But I shouldn't be enough for you. You should have friends, or family that you talk to."

"I do talk to Thanatos."

"But he's your coworker!"

"But he is still somebody else," he said bopping me on the nose. I learned quickly that Thanatos and him worked together a lot. Though, I hadn't had the chance to meet him, Hades told me he would like to. Thanatos was the actual God of Death, the one that had actually went to collect souls.

Though, if you were to die, he would be your go to guy. He made sure the end of your life was a peaceful one.

When Hades brought up about meeting with him, I didn't think meeting the God of death would be a happy event, but dinner was going to come up between all of us.

"Persephone," Hades had started. "May I ask you something?"

"Of course, anything."

"My brother is going to be hosting a party very soon. And since we are talking about people outside of just us, I would like you to meet my brothers."

my eyes went wide, I could feel my heart pumping blood in and out, it was a nightmare feeling. "I am not sure about that."

"It's a while off, but I would love for you to be there. I love you, and I suppose I just want to show you off. You are someone Worth showing off, a person I am very proud to have in my life."

"Ugh . . . Why do you have to say such stupid things?"

You just gave a big laugh, places for head on my forehead, making sure that he could look into my eyes as he said, "It's not stupid. It's true. You're one of the best things that have happened to me in a very long time."

"Aren't you like a couple thousand years old?"

"Hey, I don't look a day over 26," he told me.

"An older version of 26."

He playfully gasped, and grabbed me around the waist pull me closer to him. "Oh, you're going to talk like that to the king of the underworld?" he said laughing.

I couldn't help it match him and his happiness. "Only if the king deserves it."

He gently kissed me on the lips, and then said, "Come, it is getting late, and I should get you back to your dorm."

"No," I said protesting.

"Yes, come now, don't fight. I will see you very soon and you know that. You know I will always come back for you."

When I wouldn't budge, he grabbed my legs and my back, and started carrying me off. I tried to fight him, but how could I fight him when I was in the safest place and all of the universe; his arms.