The Assistant by @ImaginationLane

As per promised, the PCA and Book of the Year winner will each receive a fabulous new book trailer. Check out this amazing trailer made by the amazing aflyingwhale.

Here is the full exclusive interview with author ImaginationLane

on her winning book, "The Assistant".

1. Hi, how are you? How'd you feel about winning the Ultimate People's Choice title?

A: I feel amazing right now. I think I'm still in shock to be perfectly honest with you. I've promoted this award not just on Wattpad, but on my Tumblr blog as well (same screen-name). I have a large and dedicated readership (on Tumblr) and I'm starting to build a readership on Wattpad, so this win means that more eyes are going to find me and my works. I'm stoked and thrilled. I can't thank everyone enough, but I do know I want to give back somehow.

 2. Can you tell us one random fact about you?

A: Several of my readers across Tumblr already know, but I doubt that my readers on Wattpad know -- but I'm actually 31 years old. That's probably gonna shock a few people on here haha. Also a bonus random fact, I'm a traveler with an incurable case of wanderlust.

3. So, what inspired you to write your winning book?

A: A few different things actually. First and foremost, before I can begin answering this, I want to thank a fellow writer who has become such a good friend of mine -- because without her push, The Assistant wouldn't even be here right now. You can find her account on Tumblr at ImagineYourNotSoLikelyFuture. She's a superb writer, who's just such an incredible human being to boot.

But ultimately, what inspired me to write this and continue this story has been something I haven't really talked about before: Dealing with the dark side of romance and dealing with infidelity in my personal life. I've been on the side of being played and hurt, and I've been the player before. I was younger, of course, nor am I proud of any of it, but dealing with one particular relationship that had all of these elements -- it molded me into a person who looks things differently now. I don't have a big black and white view of love and life anymore. I understand that things can have crappy timing, and I also understand the importance of holding yourself accountable to a higher standard as well. This story isn't for the faint of heart, and there's a lot of scandal, twists, turns; it's a love story about bad timing. Things that don't get dealt with in this book, will be dealt with in it's sequel The Executive (and yes, everyone is getting a sequel haha). A lot of personal pain, is actually going into this book from all sides and I want to offer a romance story that's outside of the box that teaches people valuable lessons too.

 4. What are your dreams/aspirations for the near future?

A: My short-term goals are to finish The Assistant, get started on its sequel The Executive. My long-term goals, are to create books people would love to see outside of the fanfiction realm and become published. I'm working hard towards those goals, even now from behind the scenes. It sucks though, because my time is limited -- thanks to being a full time career woman. But I'm determined to make those goals a reality, since I don't really wish to back down from a challenge. It'll happen, it's just gonna take time and patience on my end.

 5. Any advice to new/struggling writers out there? Or any advice to people reading this interview in general?

A: I tell people all the time: Plan for your goals, write them out -- refuse to give up on not just them, but yourself. It may take time. It may take a lot of hard work. There will absolutely be times where you feel like throwing in the towel, giving up and just quitting. Don't do it; please don't give up on yourself. Reach out to your readers in those moments where you feel yourself sinking into that black hole. I can't tell you how frustrated I get sometimes, simply just writing my stories. In those times, I look to my readers (or if you have another goal, look to your support system in general). Get their feedback, be open and honest with them. Talk to them about what's going on. People who support you, will always help you. Appreciate and thank them, whenever you hit a new goal or milestone.

Finally, there's a quote I keep near and dear to my heart, by author J.K Rowling that truly keeps me going: "I was set free, because my greatest fear had already been realized, and I was still alive, and I still had a daughter whom I adored, and I had an old typewriter and a big idea. And so rock bottom became the solid foundation on which I rebuilt my life."

I like to remember that no matter how bad things may seem, feel or even get -- that as long as you have hope and a dream, you're still unstoppable. Always remember that.

 Always remember that