•لمس•

Touch

In the middle of the night, Shehryaar woke up due to a loud gasp. His sleepy eyes squinted to Mirha sitting in the bed and breathing heavily. He immediately woke
up,
" kya hua? Tum theek ho?"
( What happened? Are you alright?)

Mirha looked at him with those pale blue glassy eyes filled with water,
" Mjhay darr lag raha hai?"
( I am scared.)

He shifted closer to her, removing the blankets from his face to see her properly.
"Kyun?"
( Why)

" Itna andhera hai aur mjhey Minal k bina neend aati."
( Its so dark and I cannot sleep without Minal.)
She said so meekly. From the very start since she remembered, she had slept with Minal, snuggled up together. And today, being away from her scared her and also worried her when she thought of Minal sleeping alone with Dadi.

Shehryaar shook his head a little, why did he have to marry such a child? A smile fell upon his lips, teasing the corner of his eyes as they crinkled a little when he turned to his side to face her.
" Hmm. Phir kya kiya jaye? Haath pakkar lu ya Minal ko bulaun? "
( Hmm, what should we do then? Shall I hold your hand or do you want me to call Minal?)

Mirha shook her head.
" No, it's okay."

Shehryaar waited for a second before turning on his back again,
" Chalo soa jao phir."
( Okay sleep then.)

He waited until she lay down again then placed his arm over her eyes, the other one lying in the space between them. He heard her shift a little and then quieten down. Some minutes passed like that,
Five minutes,
Ten minutes,
and then her soft hand slowly and silently hold his under the blankets.

Shehryaar smiled again but stayed still, giving her the idea that he was actually still asleep. Then her hand tightened around his and he opened his eyes to look at her, finding her staring at him with wide open expectant eyes.

" Idhr ao."
( Come here.)
He sighed before pulling her body to his and and tucking her head into his chest and wounding an arm around her.

" Chup kar k soa jao ab."
( Now go to sleep .)

He smiled into her hair, tucking one strand behind her ears as she started getting flustered and then closed her eyes tightly upon his order, his scent now to approachable and calming.

And the clouds giggled and separated, letting the stars watch the man protect his woman by the shield of his arms.

//////////////

Ahmed ran after her in the white corridor of the brick red haveli, throwing the petals of rose on her as she giggled and ran until she reached the edge of the corridor.

He quickly caught up to her.
" Kahan jao gi ab?"
( where will you go now?)

Minal tried to find a way out but he dragged her to the bench in front of the green wall laced with vines.
" Kal milnay kyun nahi ayi thi?"
( Why didn't you come to meet me yesterday?)

He would force her to meet him in the garden at eleven o' clock every night and she did so reluctantly until yesterday.