Chapter Six

Jaspers POV
I walked to the living room. Alice had taken Lilly out to hunt with Rosalie and Esme. I walked in seeing Emmett throwing and catching a ball, Carlisle reeding a document and Edward reading a book. Henry just sat in the corner, looking out the window, waiting for his mate to come home.
"I need to ask you all something." I said. They all turned to me. "Lilly sees you as family so it's only fit I ask you all."
"Is something wrong?" Carlisle asked.
"Carlisle she sees you as a father, Edward you are her biological brother. Emmett and Henry you are the brothers she always wanted." I took a deep breath. "I want your blessing to propose to Lillian." Edward ripped his book in half and Carlisle dropped his documents. Emmet accidentally threw his ball through the window and Henry's mouth dropped open. I knew why they reacted like this. Me and Lillian had been dating for years. No one expected me to ever propose.
"Could you repeat that?" Henry asked.
"I want to propose to Lillian. I want each of your blessings." I repeat. Edward slowly got up and tossed his ripped book away. I watched as he walked to me and grabbed my shoulder.
"Let go talk outside." He said through his teeth. I nodded and we walked outside. We walked through the woods for a while until Edward spoke. "I don't really like you Jasper. I won't sugar coat it. Your rough and have a bad history with new borns. You could very easily kill my sister. But I know you won't. I know you'll protect her no matter what so...you have my blessing." I smiled but he frowned. "But I'm guessing Lillian hasn't told you about how she became a vampire if you're so calm to ask her to marry you." I shook my head. "I got sick and she begged Carlisle to save me. That how I was turned. Carlisle said that we should leave incase Lillian saw me. Carlisle said she would have a long happy life with her fiancée. But I had to go see her once more before I left. The day of her wedding I went to see her. I wanted to see her married before I left. But she ran out and Marco, her fiancée followed her. I followed her to the woods. She begged me to stay but I couldn't. As I leaving I saw Marco. He looked furious. I watched him stab her. I killed him for that."
"Good or I would be hunting him and his family down." I growled at the thought of hurting someone so sweet.
"Jasper it was so long ago. He would be an old man or died by now." Edward frowned. "I begged Carlisle to turn her but he was still suffering from turning me. So I did the first thing I thought of. I took the knife out of her and changed her." I just watched him frown and look at his feet. "We got her back to Carlisle's house and I changed her out the wedding dress. It w supposed to be the happiest day of her life...look I give you my blessing but you hurt her and I will hunt you down rip you lim from limb and dance on your ashes." He growled.
"Thank you." I said.
"Also Lillian likes tradition. You know down on one knee. Romantic stuff. Do something like that. Also its traditional to wait until after marriage before being intimate but I already know that I'm too late to stop you." I chuckled quietly but he glair end at me. "I'm seriously jasper. Don't let there be a repeat of my sisters first wedding."
"There wont be."

*****

I got back from a hunt and looked around. No one was here.
"Jasper? Dad? Emmett?" I called as I walked inside. "Anyone?" With in seconds I was scooped up and sat down. I looked around. I was in the kitchen and the table was set for two but there was only food for one. I looked up as jasper kissed my head.
"What's all this?" I asked and he smiled.
"I decided to make you dinner. The men are out hunting and Alice said something about shopping so the girls went with her. So I thought we could have a night together." I smiled at him. Jasper was so considerate. I ate the food he made for me. After we just dances together. No music played but we still swayed together.my head rested on his shoulder as his hands staid on my hips as we swayed. It was perfect. He was perfect and I loved him so much. He suddenly stopped and just looked at me.
"Is everything okay?" He smiled and kissed my head.
"Every is fine. But I need to do something." He smiled. He left the room and came back. I could tell by the lump I his pocket he had got something.
"Lillian Mason Cullen. I love everything about you. Every second I'm away from you I want to curl into a ball and cry. You are everything to me. Everything I ever wanted and needed. You ale me happier than I have ever been. And I can't thank you enough for that. But I will spend the rest of my life trying to make you as happy as you make me." He said and my eyes filled with tears. I watched as he slowly got down on one knee. I covered my mouth and he pulled out a small ring box. "Will you marry me and make me the happiest man in existence." I couldn't speak. I nodded quickly and he got up and kissed me sweetly before slipping the ring on my finger.