los sueños de mona y oscar dentro.

- for the dreams we see when we fall asleep at night

MAY 23, 2014
3:01 PM

The halls were going wild with screaming teenagers as the bell rung, signaling it was finally summer. Papers were flying around, kids were recording the chaos to post later, people were spray painting the school walls and lockers while others were spraying each other in silly string.

Cam and I laughed as we ran out of the building with the crowd. Everyone spread out to their different rides or stayed behind wishing their friends goodbye and taking pictures. Cam got tugged backwards and I quickly turned to see her engulfed in Malik's arms as he gave her a long passionate kiss. I smiled at their cuteness.

He pulled away and finally noticed me. "Hey, Mona," he smiled, giving me a small wave.

"Hey, Malik," I smiled back, waving. I miss you. We were apart of different worlds now. The people in his world killed my mother, but that didn't change how I felt about him. I missed my friend.

"What are you doing here?" Cam asked, a giant smile on her face.

I didn't hear his answer because a bright red impala in the corner of my eye caught my attention. I turned completely to see my man leaning against his car, his sunglasses on as he talked to the Santos who were still here.

"Oscar!" I yelled, happily as I charged through the crowd towards him.

The Santos cleared a path as I jumped up and wrapped my legs around him. He laughed as I nuzzled my head in the crook of his neck. "Hey, baby. Nice to see you, too."

The seniors graduated ten days ago, so the last ten days of school had been pure torture without him. I know Cam felt my pain because Malik graduated this year, too. We both just missed our men.

I pulled back and he immediately began attacking my face with kisses, "I missed you. I missed you. I missed you." I giggled and when he stopped I finally opened my eyes again.

"I don't know whether or not this is gonna make me throw up or get a boner," one of the Santos, Manuel, commented.

"I wouldn't blame you if you got a boner," Oscar said, putting me down. "My girl is pretty fucking hot."

Oscar claimed me two weeks ago and I don't think I've been happier. After our day at the beach we started texting and hanging out a lot. I've been doing so much better since then. I didn't think I could be this happy ever again, but Oscar proved me wrong. We both made each other happy. We loved each other.

Turns out hopeless was just a state of mind.

"What are you doing here?" I asked, looking up at him.