𝑺𝒊𝒙𝒕𝒆𝒆𝒏

╔══════════════╗

𝑺𝒐𝒏𝒔

╚══════════════╝

She sat on the plush couch, twiddling her thumbs as she looked around the living space awkwardly. They had been gone for a while, about two hours or so. Long enough for her to grow worried, it wasn't like Welma to leave the wolves for so long. Her leg began to bounce anxiously before she got up and went over to the back window to check again: nothing. She let out a sigh and went to sit back on the couch when the bells on the main entrance door jingled.

Finding it in her best interest to investigate who had come in, she went out to greet them, a smile on her lips.

Upon not seeing anyone she squinted her eyes and furrowed her brows in wonder as she called out, "hello?"

"Hello," she jumped from the deep voice coming from behind her. She turned around to see two men standing at the main desk, how had she not noticed them? They were both handsome and looked eerily familiar to her. Her curious gaze wandered to the photos on the wall behind the desk. One held a picture of a young Welma cradling an infant while her late husband, Samuel, had a ten-year-old boy perched on his right leg. Her gaze then drifted the two pictures on either side of the photo. Each photo held her respective sons's families captured in each. So that's who they were, her sons. The shorter of the two looked exactly like the young Samuel while the taller one had more features resembling the young Welma, only more masculine and prominent. Both had Welma's tan complexion.

"You're Welma's sons," Syretia commented dumbly, receiving a smile from each of the men. The shorter of the two was the first to speak, "and you must be Syretia. Our mom talks about you all the time over the phone. I'm Solomon and this is my brother--"

"Darrin," the taller man introduced himself, evoking an eye roll from his brother at the rude interruption.

"Nice to meet you both."

"Likewise. Is our mother around?" She pondered her response for a moment, did she tell them their 70-year-old mother was out in the medical shed dealing with a demonic skinwalker and have them berate her or be bland? She decided with the latter hoping it wouldn't end up biting her in the ass.

"She should be somewhere around here. She told me to go inside and deal with any visitors while she dealt with something. I'm sure she'll be back here shortly. Let's go wait in the living area." They accepted her response and followed her into the living area. 

ETTORE

ETTORE

"I don't think my mother was a werewolf."

"What do you think she might be?"