6.) Busy Days

"So you slept with him. But you didn't... sleep with him?"

I nodded in confirmation with a strip of sticky meat sticking out of my mouth. "That's exactly what happened."

"How?" Jackson asked, still sounding confused after I explained to him what happened last night with Ryder.

I shrugged. "He basically held me hostage in his room, it wasn't my fault."

Jackson raised his eyebrows at me. "What exactly did he say?"

"He said, and I quote, 'I'll lay down if you lay down with me.' Now, being me, Holly Thorne, I said no to his pathetic, drunk attempt to get me into his bed. I, Holly Thorne, am way better than that. I have much more self-respect and dignity to stoop to such a level as sleeping in the bed with a stranger. I have way more common sense than that."

"Okay. So what changed your mind?" He asked me.

"He said please," I hesitantly admitted to my weakness.

Jackson let out a bark of laughter. "So all of Holly Thorne's self- respect and dignity just goes out the window just because Ryder said please? That's just heartbreaking."

I gently slapped his arm as he inhaled another slice of sugar coated bacon that was also drenched in syrup. Don't judge, it's like heaven. "He didn't just say please!"

"Then what else happened?" Jackson said with raised eyebrows.

I smiled and let out a girlish giggle. "He called me pretty."

Jackson picked up our now empty plates and carried them to the sink. "It's gross to know that my baby sister is easy."

I scowled at him. "I am not easy!" I stood to my feet and hurried over to the large sink where Jackson was rinsing off the syrupy plates.

"Whatever you say." He sang teasingly.

"I haven't gotten any action in a solid six months," I defend myself poking him in the back with every word to add emphasis.

He stopped the sink and turned around. "Okay, one- your pokes hurt. And two- I don't need to know that."

"But it's good to know." A new voice piped.

I let out a shrill scream as I jumped a foot back and looked around for the intruder, and I found Kale and Ryder coming into view. I think I was getting better at this Ryder West business because now, I could actually breathe this time and I think I could move a little bit.

And queue the Jackson laughter. He doubled over laughing hysterically at my expense. Considering, my face was burnt to a crisp as I stood there, motionless.

"Man, we missed breakfast," Kale said, trying to stifle the smirk on his face from what he just heard.

"My sugar bacon," I went into protective mode when I noticed that him and his famous brother were headed toward the bacon that Jackson had made for me. "I don't share my sugar bacon."

"Aw, I'm hurt," He said in mock hurt and placed one of his large hands over his chest.

I give him a glaring look and then inform him, "I'm not talking to you."

This earned a chuckle from Kale, obviously not buying my angry act. "Why not? What'd I do?"

"You tricked me!" I reminded him, continuing to glare at Kale's gorgeous face.

"So did he!" Kale defended, pointing to Jackson, who had sobered up just moments earlier.

"I'm not talking to him either," I sighed, giving them both dirty looks because of what they did to me last night by tricking me into humiliating myself in front of Ryder.