14 | GoT is everyone's thing

14 |

GoT is everyone's thing

As bad as it sounds, there's one thing that's positive about Mom being wherever she is. And that's having the unlimited access to her car.

If she was here, she wouldn't let me drive her Toyota Corolla, because she's been overprotective ever since Sarah crashed it at the beginning of the summer few months ago, and I have to face the repercussions as well, even though I had nothing to do with it. Brad doesn't mind me using the car though. Truthfully, I don't think he even cares about how I get to school, or whether I go to school at all, but I'm glad I'm not depending on anyone else at the moment. I had always been independent, I had to be after Dad died, but the last few weeks made me feel like I was losing that. I was depending on Cassidy, on Bishop, on Sarah finally coming around, on Mom getting better, on Rose telling Collin the truth about Roger, on Collin himself. I could go on and on for much longer, but to be honest, I know I'm still depending on some of those people. Slowly though, I'm beginning to realize that I want to have my independence back. I don't want to feel like I have to rely on someone else in order to make things work again. 

The drive to Timothy's house takes me almost half an hour, because it seems that I'm lucky to catch every damn red light possible, and there's also some traffic jam situation going on on one of the streets. My patience is waiting extremely thin when I finally pull up in front of the gate of the mansion he lives in, mostly because I hate waiting, but also because I know today is probably the only day this week we both have free to work on the assignment, which has to be handed in by Monday. That leaves us with two more days, because knowing Timothy, I highly doubt he'll be up for giving up his weekend over something that's tied to school. It's just one assignment, and I've never really been one to freak over finishing my work early, but that's because I knew it was all in my hands. I've never worked with Timothy, and I'm certainly not about to do all the work alone, so I really hope we will be on the same page.

I park the car on the side, pretty far away from the main entrance to the house, but I don't want to risk standing in the way of his parents' or whoever else's car in case they come home while I'm still here. After I make my way across the wide and spacious driveway, I ring the bell right beside the door, and wait for a few seconds before the door swings open.

"Hello, you must be here to see Timothy?" A short woman with an accent and dark brown skin blinks up at me, offering me a warm smile, and I can't help but notice the way she says "ello" instead of "hello" and "Timothey" instead  of "Timothy". It's adorable, and immediately makes me want to hear her speak more because I've always loved accents. Partly, I think it might be stemming from the fact that Dad had an accent of his own, coming from Finland and all. I think that hearing him say words a little differently as Mom was one of my favorite things about him.

"Yes," I give the lady a small nod, awkwardly lingering in the doorway for a beat.

"Come in," she steps aside, ushering me inside. "He should be upstairs. I think," she says as I follow her toward the big marble staircase, "You know where his room is?"