Fondly bitter - Byron

Quite some time has passed.

What has happened again? Has it been a month since I lost everything? Maybe more.. Maybe less I really don't know.

My owner lay beside me on his bed, and eyed me carefully, it grumbled a word which I am starting to understand as 'toilet', I simply averted my eyes and stared at the ceiling again, letting the buzzing fill my head.

He is carrying me to the backyard, when did he pick me up? I've really become lost lately, maybe I should at least try... No, I don't want to try and communicate, its to late.

Although I did communicate, a week or few days ago, my owner had hit his knee on the couch's arm rest, he had shouted a few painful words which I figured meant 'ow!' And 'Ouch!' From what I've seem from the TV, but he said another word, and I put everything together, it was a swear word, and even if it wasn't it obviously was an impolite word, so I gave him my dirtiest look and copied him, the grumbling noise hurt my throat but it was pretty flawless in my opinion and by the look he had, I knew I had gotten my feelings across.

But that was then, right now I couldn't be bothered, maybe I'm just depressed, or broken, like they show on TV shows, ha! What am I thinking, life isn't a show, but I needed to do something on my own again, so I began to struggle in the arms of my captor, he put me down carefully, watching me intensely, I tried to ignore him, I can go to the toilet myself!

I walked through the opened doorway which he had just opened and walked behind a new bush, my owner was at the doorway watching with a strange look, it seemed similar to joy, maybe my independence was a desired trait, like cats.

A knocking on the front door sounded, I guessed it was the friend, he had come over once, since that awful day, and so my owner ran to the door and hushed grumbles sounded, I slowly walked to the doorway, unsure of what I was doing, it was like I was running on autopilot, they were really having a big chat, so I walked towards the kitchen, that's were my water bowl was, the two watched me, amazement in their eyes.

Had I really been so robotic? I still felt blurry and like I was in a dream like state, but I seem to have made an improvement, maybe it has to do with the fact that a part of me was just sick of doing nothing.

They creatures followed me and patted my head as I leant over the water bowl and drank, this position was not one I wanted to be patted in, so I spat out their swear word, causing the patting to stop, I finished drinking and got up, I headed to the lounge room, the TV had been left on, it was playing reruns of the human documentary show, so I hopped onto the couch.

This episode was new to me, sure I had known the first two that showed up, but this one was new, my mind cleared as I watched, a human girl was tied to a pole, her arms tied together, it seemed to be a safety episode, but for the creatures, the girl was cursing and shouting, threatening their lives with vengeance in her eyes, my owner pulled me close and held me firmly, he must have sat beside me after some time, although I never noticed, I guess he doesn't want me to be like her or something.

The show showed several pictures and video footage of the girl assaulting and attacking the creatures, I felt slight anger about this, I wasn't sure if she had been mistreated, or had decided that they were evil, the anger I felt was over not knowing the situation, she was obviously violent and hateful though, I really wish I could understand all this.

After the episode ended, my owner carried me to the kitchen for food, I ate my food, this was the first time in while that my mind was filled with something that wasn't myself.