Chapter 15- Blake

I couldn't breathe after the third time around doing her hard workout. I had no idea how Omar was able to do it without a break. "I need a break," I said, putting my hands on my legs and stopping. "Fuckin' hell."

"Lean back," Omar said, stopping as well. He wasn't breathing as hard as I was, but I could tell that he wasn't a fan of doing them. "Hands behind your head."

I did what he said and took in a deep breath. "How the hell can you do these?" I asked, closing my eyes.

"Because he has done them with my father," someone said, sounding rather amused. Bailey smiled at me when I glared and looked at Omar. "How many has he done?"

"Three," Omar replied. "The last one was a struggle."

Bailey nodded her head. "Did he complete it?"

"Yes."

She nodded her head, looking rather satisfied. "Good, then you two are done with those." She turned on her heels and started to walk towards the building.

"Wait, what about the other laps?" Omar asked, not following her. He ignored me when I glared, keeping his eyes on the brown-haired beauty.

"Do you want to watch the show or not?" she asked, not looking back at us. "If not, then, by all means, keep doing what you are doing."

"Who are you fighting?" Omar asked, following her. He gestured for me to follow her as well, shedding the weights he had put on.

"Boss Man," she replied over her shoulder.

Omar looked at me and grinned. He looked rather excited when she said, "Boss Man," and I wondered who she was talking about. There was this look in his eyes as if the fight was supposed to be better than the other fights he had seen. "You really are in for a show," he said.

I furrowed my brows and took off the weights. I was confused about what he had said, but I couldn't ask him because he and Bailey had walked inside. I shook my head and sighed. I was worried that Bailey would get hurt, but something told me that she wouldn't.

I had a feeling that she knew what she was doing and be able to handle herself with anything.

I just hoped that I was right.

***

Smack! the sound of wood hitting against wood filled the air as two people fought in the ring.

There was a huge crowd of people as both Bailey and a man that was taller than her fought in the ring, cheering for their favorite person. Most, if not all, were cheering for Bailey.

"Glad you can make it, Peterson," Bailey said as she ducked underneath the male. She swiped her staff underneath his feet, and he jumped. "Thought I had killed ya."

I scowled but didn't reply as I moved towards the front, standing near both Trevor and Omar as well as other men from my football team. "Very funny," I said dryly when some of them snickered.

"Next time, don't be late." She blocked a swing that the male had done, landing on one knee.

Using the other end of her staff, she flicked it around and caught the male in his side, and he groaned in pain.

"Damn it, Bay," he hissed, backing up a couple of steps. He stretched out a bit and took a breather as he watched the female in front of him. "What the fuck was that for?"

"For being an ass," she replied. "As always." She spun away from his next hit, blocking his staff before trying to hit him again. A look of annoyance appeared on her face when he blocked it before she ducked underneath another swing. "Three hits and done?"

"Sure. The kids need to go to bed soon."

She rolled her eyes as she swiped at his feet. Using speed that I hadn't seen before, she maneuvers the staff until she hit his side again.

"The fuck?" I asked in a whisper as I watched her move.

She was so swift and so sure of her movements that it looked like she was dancing. The staff was a part of her, and as she spun around with it, I could see the dancer as well as the fighter.

No wonder Mimi called her a Warrior Princess because she was one. She was a very brilliant fighter, and I felt guilty for not seeing her for who she was, someone that was brilliant and smart and amazing. And, it took me this year to find such an amazing person.

And, as she got the male on his knees and the staff to his throat, I realized something that I had known for a small while.

I was madly in love with Bailey Prescott, and I wanted her to be mine. But, I had no idea if she felt the same way or if she would feel the same way for someone like me.