Haruto Kugaya: Origin

Haruto was born an inquisitive little boy even at the age of four. At the age of four, the little boy would inevitably say puzzling things that made his mother worried about him. "Momma, why do people always lie?" The brunette asks one afternoon, carrying around his favorite crimson scarf. His mother unfit to resolve the sudden question; lowered her height to his giving him a pat on the head.

"Well...dear, people lie to conceal something from their loved ones may be to try to protect someone from the truth or want to keep them away from the problem." She smiles feebly, picking up Haru and merely adjusting him properly on her arm.

"Hey! Why don't we go into the living room and watch some cartoons, so how about it kiddo?" Still retaining that smile of hers as she got a nod of approval from the boy. Haruto wasn't noticing the personal sorrow in her eyes.

______________________________________________________________

One sleepless night, Haruto heard talking downstairs; curiosity getting the better of the little boy. Haruto got up from his comfortable bed to go downstairs only to halt halfway down when he hears his mother and father talking. "It runs in the bloodline." His father expressed as he flopped onto the shabby couch; the seat creaking in protest.

"You always say that but dear... I'm serious... I dreadfully worry about him." Karen calls from the kitchen, as she frantically grabs a nearby towel wiping her hands.

"Eh, men of the Kaguya bloodline have always been tricksters". "Heck even my grandfather was merely a... 'Not so honest' person." Reo clarifies, scrolling the newspapers as he gazes up at his wife.

"That's not all I'm worried about, Reo." She sits down onto the chair. He's missing a lot of school, what with his polycythemia vera taking a toll on his health."

"I perfectly understand why you're worried, but honey try seeing it in his perspective." Involuntarily putting down the newspaper as he gets up from his seat; lowering to look frantically at her face. "How about I stay with him until he gets better, hm?" He grabs her  quivering hands and squeezes, ushering her to lift her head up. "But what about your day job?"

"I can merely assume you have forgotten about the devious side of the bloodline as well?" He smirks, pushing both of their foreheads together. She laughs getting up from her position. "You and that Kugaya Bloodline." She sighs wearily, but gradually a smile inevitably grows on her face. "It's going to get you hurt one day."

______________________________________________________________

That was merely the first time the little boy learned about his family bloodline. Later hearing more folktale from his father. At the age of ten, Haru learned more about the outlying village and of its people; and especially of a certain rule that he would later learn more on as time went on. Haruto got to know more about the in's and out's of the village causing him to be well versed from his father's tales of shenanigans. It allegedly made Haru more confident to try and prank the villagers as well.

As time passes on, Haruto was getting healthy enough to attend Munshadou Academy. Haru frequently had to go to the infirmary to give blood donations, but he didn't mind it all too much as it was starting to become a routine of his. Breaking away from the monotony of his everyday life was so freeing for Haru, yet the little boy bore sadness as he realized he wouldn't be spending much time with his father.

Before the day would inevitably come, Haruto asks his father if he could read him another folktale before bed; his father happily agrees to it and they both go down to the living room. Directing the little boy to the copper-colored sofa.

"Father! I want to hear the story about the prankster pretty please!"The brunette begs, not being able to deny the request he starts with the tale."Once upon a tale, there lived a boy who cried" The father halts as he hears a slam at the front door. Not being able to finish the personal anecdote; he got up from the couch to head towards the door.