Wattpad Original
There is 1 more free part

Chapter Four

Chapter Four

Kate's POV

Dan. So his name is Dan.

There's no way to go now. I got half of my mission accomplished and all I need is his number.

Much as I hated it, being noticed by such a handsome creature was quite flattering. He succeeded in turning my cheeks into cherries and made me melt like marshmallow. I even felt my heart expanding and glowing. It made me ask myself, when was the last time I was really complimented by a guy? Well, Adam did this morning, saying "You look lovely in that dress." But it made me think twice. What if I wear a different dress? Am I still lovely?

My brain was debating. The right side telling me that "He's a playboy, the type of guy that you keep on avoiding. He's like your dad, a rotten playboy... you don't want to end up like your mom, right?'

The left side was pretty insistent telling me to stay. "For your deal with Jerry, that's it. You're not a kid, you're twenty-five for heaven's sake and mature enough to control yourself. There's nothing wrong with being friendly. You're single and in the bar, why not mingle for once and have fun?"

"I'm not a psycho or a serial killer and I don't have fangs... I don't bite." He added with that little cute smile that reminded me of Flynn Rider.

How could I resist? My brain was not functioning normally. It was floating ten feet above my head, and I had this euphoric feeling, like I was high. I blamed the varied drinks that I had. This margarita in front of me should be the last one.

I sat back on the stool but for some reason, I tripped and almost fell.

"Oops, easy." He was so quick to catch me, grabbing my waist with one arm and holding my hand. Darn it, he didn't even get my name yet and we've held hands already. Well, that's fast.

His grab was so strong. He made me feel safe.

"Are you okay?" He asked.

"Um...I'm okay. Thanks."

"You're welcome." He let go of me and went back to his seat, while I settled comfortably on mine. "I haven't seen you here before, your first time here?"

I nodded and sipped on my glass of margarita.

"You haven't told me your name yet."

I almost choked when he asked. Should I tell him my real name or not?

"Kate." I answered leaving the surname. Kate was my nickname anyway, my real name is Katherine Morgan, and I have no intention of telling him that.

"Nice..." He muttered.

"I know, my name is very common. I'm sure you know plenty of Kates in this world."

He shook his head and gave me a heart-melting smile. "Actually, there's only one Kate I know personally. She was very dear to me...so special. Unfortunately, she passed away. Until now I still can remember how I lost her. She died in my arms."

"That's so sad, I'm sorry." My eyes widened at the thought of him holding his girlfriend at her last breath, I could not imagine, that was so heart wrenching. "It must be very hard for you."

I felt pity for him that my opinion on him suddenly changed. He experienced love and heartbreaks, more than I did.

"It was, but I learned to get over it. Mom bought me another cat."

My jaw suddenly dropped open. "A cat? Your Kate was a cat?"

"Yeah. A very beautiful cat." He laughed.