T•W•O

Walking into the Great Hall for the welcome feast, Draco grinned internally. He was relieved that nothing seemed to be out of place; it was almost as if the War hadn't happened, but it had. They all had the scars and mental wounds to prove it. The staff table was the same as always, Professor McGonagall stood proudly in the centre as she waited patiently for the new round of First Years to arrive. The only difference was that Snape had died in the War and so the school had no Defence Against The Dark Arts teacher.

"Who's that?" Blaise asked, gesturing to a middle aged man, with brown hair that was greying at the tips.

"The new DADA professor, probably." Pansy shrugged, pouring herself a glass of pumpkin juice.

"Wonder why they hired a new one," Theo Nott mused, obviously having been eavesdropping on their conversation, "I mean, it's not as if we're gonna need to know how to protect ourselves against the Dark Arts now, is it?"

The conversation at the table pretty much died out after that.

During the sorting, even know the Eighth Years had to have their own table in the Great Hall due to overcrowding, the ex Slytherins (and every other student at the table) clapped and cheered loudly whenever a First Year got sorted into their original houses.

Stomach rumbling, Draco glanced up to the staff table, wondering when Mcgonagall was going to begin her speech so that the feast could begin. The blonde was slowly regretting not purchasing anything from the train, he'd been to distracted by Potter.

Potter. The boy and his friends were sitting a couple of chairs down from the Slytherins. As usual, Potter and Weasley were whispering not to quietly to each other, Draco couldn't hear what they were saying but Potter kept snickering which made his nose crinkle in the most adorable way. Granger was looking at Professor McGonagall with the utmost attention and Draco scoffed silently to himself. Some things never change, he thought.

"Now as many of you know, I have invited back students who were unable to complete their studies due to... unforeseen circumstances." McGonagall was saying, behind him, Draco could practically hear Pansy rolling her eyes, "These students will be referred to as Eighth Years. You will have your own common room and house rules do not apply to you. Due to the short numbers, you'll only be having one roommate each. Which myself and the staff have already chosen for you." She added in a sterner voice as their table started to talk and grab their best friends, the effect was instantaneous and the noise died down with a collective sigh, "Classes will be as normal starting tomorrow, and since you are of age you will be permitted to leave school grounds at your own free will. As long as it's not in class hours, of course. And as I have been informed a number of you, Eighth Years or not, have purchased something of newfound technology, a mobile phone. If I, or any professor, sees one in class it will be confiscated for the rest of the week."

The rest of the speech passed by agonisingly slowly. But Draco did find out that the man at the staff table was in fact the new DADA Professor, Professor Charles Scammander.

Piling roast potatoes and carrots onto his plate, Draco noticed that Potter had a poor excuse of a meal on his plate which Granger seemed to disapprove of as she kept sending worried glances to the boy when she thought he wasn't looking.

Draco nudged Pansy, "What's wrong with Potter?"

She huffed, "What isn't wrong with Potter would take less time to explain, Draco dearest. Now eat your food and shut the fuck up, I'm tired."

Rolling his eyes yet smirking slightly, he felt his phone buzz in his pocket. Again.

HarryPotter has sent you a message!