Chapter 16

I collapsed on my bed as soon as I reached my room. Exhausted nowhere near described the lack of energy my body felt. I was emotionally drained, my body had taken on the physical appearance of it.
     Killian has made himself at home in one of the many guest bedrooms. It wasn't the first time he's been here, so he found it easy to relax. I, on the other hand, felt as if the moment I stepped out my room I would faint. I didn't want to be around anyone. When I came in, I made sure to lock the door behind me. No more Genevieve for the rest of the day. I'm not emotionally stable enough for all that.

     "Sissy?" I heard one of the twins calling from the other side of my door. "Can I come in?"

     "Ugh, what do you want?" I asked.

     I didn't mean to be so harsh, but I really wasn't in the mood to be bothered.

     "I have your book! The one we gave you on your wedding day."

     I reluctantly stood up from my bed and made my way to the door. Unlocking it, I open the door to find Dealia. She held my book out for me and I let her into the room, making sure to close the door behind me. We sat together on the bed and I began flipping through the pages to find where I had left off.

     "Why are upset?" Dealia asked me.

     "What makes you think I'm upset, dear sister?" I asked.

     "Aless, you ran up here as soon as you got here without speaking a word to anyone."

     She had a point.

     "Things are just hard right now, Dealia," I answered.

     "How about we go to the lake later? We can have a picnic!" She said happily.

     "I'll think about it. Right now I'm not exactly up for anything." I admitted.

     Knocking came from the door and Delia went to open it before I could protest. Maribella walked in, giving me a small smile. 

     "Dealia, can you leave us?" She said, sending my little sister away.

     Belle took a seat on the bed beside me. She raised her hand brushed away the fly-aways of my hair out of my face.

     "How are you, my love?" She asked me.

     I sighed. I was tired of being asked this question.

     "You know she's worried about you." She said rather than asked. "You can't keep avoiding her, chéri, she's your wife."

     "I love how you act as if I care," I said softly.

     "You do. You know very well if something were to happen to her, it would kill you." Belle said looking at me seriously.

     "Belle you have no idea what I'm going through."

     "Oh, I'm very aware. She told me," She said.

     Of course.

      "I think you should talk to her," Belle said.

     "You also think we shouldn't be worried about a war that may happen at any moment," I said sternly.

     "Alessandra, there's been no report on the southern regions taking any form of action. There's nothing to worry about as of right now." Maribella told me. "What you need to be worried about is putting what's in the past behind you, and allowing yourself happiness for once."

     I sighed deeply. Why does everyone think this is so easy?

     "What are you afraid of, Aless?" She asked me.