00

C O P Y R I G H T

Copyright © 2023 by Luisa Dituri

All rights reserved.

All rights reserved. No part of this publication may be reproduced, distributed, or transmitted in any form or by any means, including photocopying, recording, or other electronic or mechanical methods, without the prior written permission of the author, except in the case of brief quotations embodied in critical reviews and certain other noncommercial uses permitted by copyright law. For permission requests, please message me personally through Wattpad @LuisaDituri.

──────────────────────────────

I M P O R T A N T

This is a Ream exclusive story, meaning that this story can on be read in its entirety through Ream, a subscription platform. I have left three chapters of this story up as a sample for readers who might be interested in reading it. The link to my Ream subscription can be found on my profile, or on my social media, through Beacon.

Thank you for your support and understanding!

──────────────────────────────

E X T E N D E D   D E S C R I P T I O N

Elizabeth Blackwell is the heiress to the largest chain of hotels in North America. At the age of nineteen, and without a lick of independence, Elizabeth followed in the rigid path her parents paved for her. Her purpose was simple; fulfill the next CEO position once her parents retire. However, she draws the line when her parents attempt to force her into a marriage that will merge Blackwell Suites with their largest European competitor. Desperate for a way out, Elizabeth sets out on a spontaneous road trip with a member of the resort's kitchen staff. What started out as a ride home turns into the adventure of a lifetime - one where Elizabeth comes to realize that home is not a place, it's a feeling. 

──────────────────────────────

E X C E R P T

I had never ran so fast in my life. My flip flops clapped against the parking lot, kicking up gravel as I stumbled. Reuben's hand remained on my wrist, towing me along to the safety of his truck.

"Go, go, go!" Reuben instructed when we had gotten close enough. The warmth of his hand left my body, reminding me I would have to go the rest of the distance without him. I skid to a stop, bracing myself against the passenger door. The hinges creaked in protest. I cringed at the sound, hoping it didn't alarm the men who were already searching through our motel room.

The engine was already roaring by the time I pulled myself up. I slammed the door shut, watching one of the suited men charged out of the open motel room door.

I could have gotten whiplash for how quickly Reuben spun the truck around. The tires crunched over the parking lot as we headed towards the main road. I ran a hand through my still-damp hair, trying to calm my breathing. I turned in my seat. All three men had abandoned our motel room and were scrambling to get into their vehicle.