31.

NOEL WAS wrapped up in his blankets, through his window, outside was dark and moonless contributing to an eerie quiet in Noel's room

NOEL WAS wrapped up in his blankets, through his window, outside was dark and moonless contributing to an eerie quiet in Noel's room. Instead of sleeping he had been unable to silence his brain to stop his ravaging thoughts. He wanted his mom to have this wedding, to wear a white dress and a bright smile and be happy again, but at what expense?

Then there was Myron. His cheeks began to burn at the thought of him- he must have been missing Cheryl or something- kissing Noel didn't make sense.

Halting his thoughts his phone began to ring, the artificial light casting a dim glow around Noel's face, without even looking at the phone ID Noel picked it up.

"I need to talk to you." Myron.

"Meet me outside." Then the phone line cut off, leaving Noel to spontaneously grab his old abandoned dark, blue hoodie and mud stroked trainers before he rushed outside, his footsteps light and cautious.

Myron was sitting inside his black car, the lights were on, bathing him in a strange yellowish glow, he saw Noel tentatively approach him, his expression conflicted. "Hey."

Noel only opened the car door, sliding himself into the passenger seat and resting his back against the hot leather. He could sense what Myron was going to say, by his guarded stance, the worried brow. So he beat him to it, he spoke before Myron could. "Why?"

Myron pursed his lips, he didn't know what to say, he wasn't very good at words, hence the lack of communication with his parents about his sisters. Instead he looked at the car freshener shaped like a tree, it swayed silently. "You're wearing your old hoodie...what happened to your bright clothes?"

"It doesn't matter what I wear. I'm still me."

Then Myron smiled, he tore his attention away from the car freshener and looked Noel straight in his stupidly blue-green eyes, he looked at his sprawling curly hair, at his pale pink lips screwed up in confusion. "That's why. You're so beautifully yourself, that's what I like about you." Myron could feel his heart beating in his chest, his face getting increasingly hotter, his skin becoming itchy, he rolled down the windows, breathing in the much needed air. "That's why I kissed you. I wanted to show you, I didn't know how to tell you in words."

A silence entered the car, Noel felt peeled open, stripped raw. He was tired of fighting his feelings, of ignoring the festering butterflies in his stomach. He reached over to Myron, his fingers curving around his tan skin, his eyes bleeding into his. "Thank you." He planted a small kiss by his eyebrow, trying desperately to ignore the blush in his cheeks.

"Thank you for being there for me." He lightly kissed Myron on the nose, his lips barely brushing on the slope before leaving it as quickly as he came. His voice was breathy and hoarse, the grip on Myron's face slightly tight as if, if he let go, Myron would be nothing but a figment of Noel's imagination.

He drew his gaze down to Myron's lips planting his own on there lightly, again he withdrew his lips, resting his forehead against Myron's, his breath coming out rapidly, he was thankful Myron had opened the window, it felt like he was burning all over. "Thank you for seeing past my skin." Noel felt a smile curve round his lips eliciting Myron to break into a smile of his own too.

"Thank you for seeing me, for me."

"You're my soulmate remember?" Myron chuckled nervously, Noel let out a snort, removing his forehead from Myron's and engulfing him into a tight hug.

This was enough.

"Even if I'll always be known as Pizzaface?"

"Well... Jokes on them. I love pizza."