Chapter 6 - Ares 1

Ares Collin

"Hey mom.." I hugged my mom tightly and kissed her cheek.

"Hey dad." I gave him a brief hug too.

"When did you arrive here, mom?" I asked her as I sat down beside her.

"Yesterday, darling. So.. how's your job?" She asked as she patted my hand. My mom is a famous designer and she just got back from Paris for fashion week there. She loves her job so much that she almost work everyday.

"It's okay, mom. So.. should we order now? I'm starving." I said.

"Actually my friend will come here to join us, will it be okay? They will be here in 2 minutes maybe." My dad asked.

"Of course, I don't mind." I said.

"Your dad said that you will move here for good?" My mom asked.

"Yes.. maybe next month. I will go back to San Fransisco in 2 days to settle up a few things before moving back here." I said and she smiled. She pinched my cheek and she patted my hand again.

"Good.. that's good." She said and suddenly my dad got up from his seat. Me and my mom automaticly got up and I turned to see.. what?!

It's Thomas West and Roseanne.

My eyes landed on her completely shock and she just looked at me normally like we never met or even slept together before. She was wearing a black leather jacket with black turtle neck and black ripped jeans. All black really defines her vibe right now. Cold and dark. My dad hugged Thomas tightly and my mom hugged him briefly too.

"Thomas, this is my son, Ares. Ares, this is my close friend since highschool, Thomas West." My dad introduced and I shook his hand. I turned to Roseanne who hugged my dad and my mom. My mom said that it's been a long time since she saw her.

Roseanne turned to me and she just gave me a brief smile instead of shaking my hand. Thomas sat beside my dad and Roseanne said beside me. It's a small circled table which makes me and Roseanne sat so close to each other.

"Honey.. this is Ares, Carl's son. He's an architect." Her dad said and she turned to me.

"Nice to meet you, Ares." She said normally but her eyes looked at me coldly.

"Rosie, it's been a long time since we've seen you and you look so stunning as always." My mom said.

"Thankyou so much, it's been 2 years maybe." Roseanne or Rosie said.

"So.. what's your occupation?" I asked and she turned to me right away.

"I don't work. I just follow my dad around." She said smiling to me. So she's a spoiled child, huh?

"Should we order now?" My dad asked and I looked at the menu. Suddenly her phone rang and she excused herself to go outside taking the phone call.

"Sorry if Rosie a little cold towards you, Ares. She's not good with men." That's what she mentioned last week.

"Did she have a trauma or something? I mean I don't bite." I said in a careful tone.

"She changed ever since her mom died. She shuts people away and she barely have any friends so I was hoping maybe you could be her friend." Thomas said.

"She's a really sweet girl but it's just difficult for her to socialize." My mom added.

"You should try to be friends with her." My dad added but I don't really want that. I don't want to deal with girls like her, it gives me a headache.