SOME GROUNDWORK

Are you wondering what to improve for your first impression? How to make the readers choose your book instead of the others and read your work, not the other?

Well, then, you've come to the right place.

▬▬▬

HOW WILL THIS WORK?

There will be a total of 24 books (or less) accept for each Lightning round. All genres are accepted, except for Random. Fanfiction, Mature, LGBT+ works are highly welcome. Results will be returned within the next 24-48 Hours.

Lightning Rounds aim to help authors aware of the importance of first impression, and that unlike judges, readers do not need to pause and give your book a try.

At the end, regardless of whether your books caught the attention or not, you'll receive automatic feedback.

▬▬▬

ELIMINATING CRITERIA

1. Did your logline hits all the major points (who, what, how)?

2. Does your book cover attractive?

3. Does your blurb tell the readers what set you apart?

--> Would a real reader want to read your book?

After the first elimination based on the first impression, the judge will proceed to read the first chapter of your book and makes some observation. Please noted that only your first chapter/prologue will be read. Your first chapter, ideally, should have:

1. An introduction (ie. world building, characters, description);

2. A character with an interesting attitude and a distinct voice;

3. Good spelling and grammar;

4. Some evidence of a plot.

▬▬▬

RULES

As of standard.

No obligation required.

One same book cannot enter consecutive Lightning Rounds. There should be at least 2 gaps in between your entrance.

KEEP IN MIND: YOU CAN NOT DELETE OUR JUDGE'S COMMENT. Anyone who does this will be barred from future entrance. Please show good sportsmanship.

▬▬▬

PRIZES

There will only be 1 winner out of the 24 entrants.

The winner's book will get added to our Featured List and eventually received their own spotlight for a whole week.

There will be no score sheet for this. However, the judge will have observations and reasons why they didn't pick your book.

plus, you will get to hear tons of good music <3

▬▬▬

IF YOU'RE INTERESTED IN BEING A JUDGE, PLEASE PM YOUR APPLICATION.

Approximation of your time on Wattpad per day:

Prior Experience in Judging (none is OK):

Are you OK with reading Mature contents or LGBT+ materials?

How can you respond to negativity?

Can you read all genres?