Chapter Fifty-Five

Songs for this chapter:
• Photograph - Ed Sheeran
• Everything Has Changed - Taylor Swift & Ed Sheeran

Chapter Fifty-Five:

"I really need to go sit down," I tell Jordan, struggling to catch my breath; him and I, along with Ryan and Mateo, have been jumping around and scream-singing like idiots for nearly the past two hours.

It finally seems to have caught up with me though, because I'm feeling super drowsy and ready to collapse at any moment.

"Yeah, me too," Jordan says, but all four of us end up heading back over towards the bench where we had all met up at just a couple of hours ago.

Jordan, Ryan, and I all take a seat, but Mateo hurries off, saying that he's going to try and track down Daniel.

A popular song is playing right now, and I'm sure that wherever my brother and Jasmine are on the crowded dance floor, they're probably acting wild right now.

The music is slowly growing quieter and quieter though, and eventually it totally dies off.

The DJ's voice is suddenly blasting through the speakers, informing everyone, "This is the last slow song of the night, lovebirds! Snag your last slow dance while you still can."

Ryan shoots up in his seat, grabbing Jordan's hands and dragging him on to the dance floor.

"Get your straight ass over here and dance with me," Ryan tells him, and Jordan groans, trying to pull away.

"I have to keep Lexi company," Jordan says, trying to make up an excuse.

I shake my head at him though, calling out, "I'm good! You two have fun!"

Jordan gives me the middle finger and I chuckle, but he's a good sport as he reluctantly does dance with Ryan.

Photograph by Ed Sheeran begins to play, and I'm a little bitter that I have no one to dance with as ever since this song came out all those years ago, I've always loved it.

I'm not usually a sucker for romance songs, but this song sits heavily in my heart, knowing that I don't think I'll ever find a love like the lyrics in this song speak of.

Instead, I watch all the other couples dance, wishing I could be like them and not too focused on my future to make time for some romance in my life.

Ryan tries to dip Jordan backwards and he fails miserably, causing both of them to almost fall over.

When they straighten up, they burst out laughing, and I have a smile on my face myself as I continue to watch them.

My view is suddenly blocked as a figure steps in front of me.

Bryce is standing there with his hand outstretched, waiting for me to take it.

"Dance with me?" he requests quietly, and I have to think for a moment.

I had never taken Bryce for the kind of person who's willing to slow dance at a high school dance, especially not when he probably expects for me to reject him.

"I think we both know what this conversation is going to turn into," I say, reminding him of our screaming fight when he had asked to kiss me and my answer was a resounding 'no'.

"Please? I just need to hold you for a few minutes. You look so beautiful tonight, Blossom. I can't take my eyes off you."

With those words, I rest my hand in his, allowing him to pull me up from my spot.