Olympic Event: Fanfiction Contest! :D

Hello dear Fatefuls!
If you're a Fateful and you know it, please vote ^.^

___________

**Update - as of December 12, the Fateful Olympics are officially closed!!!**

Big congratulations to the Fates' Award winner @skatersav, and the Voters' Choice winner @Ms_Kay125! Check out the Fanfiction Contest Results page in FFHQ to see all medalists on the Olympic podiums :D

____________

This is the official page for the FANFICTION CONTEST, for Fatefuls to find out more and enter if interested! To enter, simply comment on this chapter that you plan to submit a fanfic :)

**Note: unlike the previous Olympics chapter, this page is for official entry** - so once you sign up here, I hope you will follow through!! It's okay if you have to back out later on, for some understandable reason - but please only sign up if you're pretty sure that you plan to submit something. Thank you :)

Below are guidelines, prizes, and dates & deadlines. Thanks for your interest!! Happy Olympics! ^_^

~~~ GUIDELINES ~~~

(1) Write your fanfic! Any story featuring one or more characters from The Fates. This can take place in the same setting(s) as the original, or an AU (alternate universe - for example, the Fates in outer space battling aliens). Let your imagination run free, but please try to stay true to the personality/spirit of each character as portrayed in the original by Ahna! Your fanfic can be any length: a one-shot (1 chapter), short story, or even a novel. Winners will prevail based on quality rather than quantity.

(2) Post it to Wattpad!
In order to enter, you must post your story to Wattpad. If you'd like to send a fanfic privately to Ahna, you are more than welcome to do so (I would love it!!) - but the story cannot be entered in the Olympics unless it is posted to Wattpad.

(3) Label it right!
Once you've posted your fanfic, please dedicate the first chapter to @_Ahna_ so that I get the notification! I will then add it to my "Fates Fanfic" reading list :D

***And, importantly: please include "Fates Fanfic" in the title of your story (in parentheses, for instance), and please note in the summary blurb that it is a fanfiction of The Fates by _Ahna_. This is crucial for clarity and credit purposes between creator and fan. Thank you :) ***

Please also be sure to give your story an appropriate rating! If you write a Disney princess fairytale version of The Fates, feel free to rate it G! If you write #Axria erotica, please rate it R ;)  and everything in between...

Note: I will automatically vote on every chapter of every fanfic submission, to show support for your story and appreciation for your entering!! However, I will not comment on any fanfics until after the contest is closed. This is so that the creator's opinions can stay private during the judging/voting period :)

~~~ PRIZES ~~~

Fates' Award: This prize will go to a story chosen by a panel of three judges* as overall most deserving. Criteria will include content (creative idea, interesting plot, well-portrayed characters, etc.) as well as presentation (writing style, grammar/spelling, etc.). The judges will be sure to read and evaluate every submission as closely, thoughtfully, and fairly as possible :)

Fates' Award winner will receive:
(1) Follow from Ahna (if not already)
(2) Long-term shout-out in Ahna's profile
(3) Promotion via message broadcast to all of Ahna's followers
(4) Placement in "Fateful Olympic Victors" reading list on Ahna's page
(5) Comments from Ahna on every chapter of your fanfic, and votes on every chapter of any/all of your other stories on Wattpad, if you'd like :)
(6) Promised dedication on the 1st chapter of The Fates Book II, when it's posted to Wattpad :D

*The judging panel consists of: @_Ahna_ @JayVictor @JessicaBFry

Vic and Jess are two dear Wattpad friends of mine, and fellow members of the "Wattpad Class of 2014", who also happen to be very insightful readers and brilliant writers (both featured!). They have both been fantastic followers of The Fates, with solid understanding of the story's characters/plot/themes etc. I respect their opinions greatly and am sure that their input as judges will be very valuable :)

Voters' Choice
: This prize will go to the story that receives the most votes on its first chapter during the voting period (1 month after submission deadline).

Voters' Choice winner will receive:
(1) Follow from Ahna (if not already)
(2) Promotion via message broadcast to all of Ahna's followers
(3) Placement in "Fateful Olympic Victors" reading list on Ahna's page
(4) Comments from Ahna on every chapter of your fanfic
(5) Promised dedication on the 2nd chapter of The Fates Book II, when it's posted to Wattpad :D

Note: The Fates' Award will be determined entirely separately from vote count. This means that the same story may win both prizes, or a different story may win each one - either result is totally possible.

Note: If there are 8+ total fanfic submissions, then there will be gold, silver, and bronze medals for both categories. Prizes would be different for 2nd/3rd place, with no guarantees yet - but certainly some sort of recognition and reward :)

~~~ DATES & DEADLINES ~~~

October 12: Official opening date for all Olympic events, including the fanfiction contest!! (though of course, you may enter and start writing/posting your story in advance, if you wish)

November 12: Deadline for all fanfic submissions. If you would like an extension for any reason, please send a PM to Ahna :)

December 12: Voting period closes - victors declared, prizes awarded, Olympic glory achieved!! :D

Questions? Feel free to ask in comments, or PM me if you prefer! Thank you so much to all my dear Fatefuls!!! Incredibly excited for this Olympic event ^.^  Much luv to you all!!! ♥