Chapter Ten

Word Count: 1819

~Abella

"Oh my, this is perfect!"

I stare down at my boiling pasta, stirring it mindlessly. Sam is jumping around behind me, wearing next to nothing in just her bra and short shorts. She wine drunk, having just heard the news about my new job, and the new place I'll be living. I expected her to be sad, that I would be leaving down, but by the way she dances around to the music, she couldn't be happier.

"You do realise that I'll be living over half an hour away, right? No more of these late night meet ups where you walk home and I get stalked in the dark," I comment, glancing over my shoulder to see her stumbling around in my lounge, wine bottle in hand.

"They will still be happening, trust me," she tells me, grinning at me. "If you think I'm not coming to visit when you're living with the Alpha you're crazy."

Of course that's Sam's motive.

"I promise, he isn't the guy you think he is," I comment, turning the stove off to poor the pot of pasta into a strainer in the sink.

"Why not?" she asks, sounding breathless.

I think back to the conversation we had today before I was sent home. "He has girls all over this Pack who are obsessed with him, and he pays them no mind. And by the sounds of it, he's sleeping with his assistant, so I'm not sure why I'm hoping he is a moral man. All I'm saying, is stay away from him. He's not a good person."

"I think I'll be the judge of that myself. I'm sure him and I will stumble into each other and sparks will fly and I'll be the new Luna," she says confidently. That wine has really gotten to her head. If she saw what he was like, she wouldn't be saying this.

"I'm pretty sure the Luna has to be his mate"-

I'm cut off by a knock at the door. Both Sam and I freeze; she even leans over to turn the music down. I never called for anyone to be here at this hour. Sam shrugs, so I approach the door, cracking it open slightly.

"I heard there was a party." It's Cian. He holds two boxes of alcohol in his hand, looking at me expectantly. "I come with drinks."

"Oh, I like the sound of that," Sam says from behind me, brushing past me to fling the door open. Cian grins with that smile that only belongs to him. He walks past me, right into my apartment, winking at me. Oh great.

"This isn't a party," I tell him firmly, crossing my arms over my chest. "How did you even know to bring alcohol here?"

My words seem to fall on deaf ears, as Sam motions for Cian to come into the living room with her, as he puts the drinks on the table. I lean against my front door, staring at his back. I hate this charismatic asshole who think he can just walk in here like he owns the place. Sam is drunk, but even if she wasn't, his eyes alone could get her into bed.

"Come on Abella, I love your new, fun life," Sam comments, grabbing Cian's hand. He lets her. What is his motive? When he glances back at me, he has a wicked glint in his eye. He's messing with me. I've just let a monster into my home.

"Fun life, huh?" Cian comments, looking down at a half naked Sam.

Sam twirls around. "Look at all these boxes, Abella is moving, can you believe it? She's moving in with that hot Alpha. It's fine though, I'm sure we can keep each other company in her absence. Like I said, she has such a fun life."

Cian looks back at me, and I swear I see a flash of anger in his expression, before it vanishes. I can't help but smile, knowing I've gotten the better of him.