Chapter 12

"Mabel" Valdus said, smirking at their plight.

Mabel was going to be his. No force, worldly or unworldly had the right to take her away. Once he takes her away from her useless family, he will ensure that she forgets about them. She had him and that should be more than enough for her. She was someone, he was very possessive about. He did not want a share of her love, he wanted all of it, just like she was the owner of his entire heart. Ever since Valdus was a kid, he had been showered with luxuries of all sorts, except for the simple necessity that makes a person feel alive - love. Love was the only thing he was deprived of. Nobody loved him, as a result of which he did not bother caring for anyone. But, now that he had somebody, he cared about, he will make sure that his feelings are reciprocated, by hook or by crook.

Arius agreed with Valdus.

Valdus' trance was broken when he heard the dramatic gasps of her family members.

"Drama" He muttered under his breath, annoyed at the family's reaction.

"How is she a human, when all of you are werewolves?" Valdus asked the question that has been bothering him for a while.

"She is not our biological daughter. She is adopted." The older man hesitatingly replied.

"Hmm. That explains it all. You could be punished for it. " Valdus said, with an evil glint in his eyes.

"But, we just adopted her. We didn't let her know about our kind. Adopting a human is not against our laws. Since we did not defy the laws, we cannot be punished, meus Rex. " Olivia spoke with confidence. She was scared of the king. But, her daughter was precious to her. She couldn't have thrown Mabel under the bus.

"And who do you think makes the laws, lady? " Valdus got annoyed at the open defiance by her. 

Olivia stayed mum. 

"Mate. She is my mate." Valdus muttered, telling them the truth. He had his fair share of fun scaring them. He relished the feeling of people fearing him. It gave him some sort of sadistic pleasure. But now, it was time for truth.

Another series of gasps erupted.

"There it goes again." Valdus found her family annoying and melodramatic. 

He moved away from them, tuning out their voices and walked towards Mabel's room. He looked in through the glass. She was so young and full of life. For a moment, he felt scared of ripping her out of the world she had lived in. His world was completely different from hers. Will she ever be happy with him?

Arius, being the more irrational of the two, felt that Valdus' thoughts were completely baseless. Mates are always happy with each other. What he did not understand was humans were an entirely different species.

His line of thoughts was interrupted by the family.

"What are you going to do now?"

"She is my mate. What do you expect ?"

"You can't take her. She's not even 18 yet."

"And why would I listen to you? She is going with me and that's final."

"But, how will explain it to her?She does not know about us. And living with a complete stranger for no reason is unusual and it will most definitely raise questions in her mind. "

"Five days."

"Pardon?"

"You have five days, after she gets a discharge, to prepare her for it. I'll be back on the sixth day to take her away." 

"But w-" 

"I think we are done here.  Also, humans are approaching. So, discuss stuff in private." With that, Valdus stormed off to her room.

He said his goodbye, for the time being. Arius was gnawing at him. He did not want to leave her. Valdus wanted to give her time, as long as he could. His patience was running thin and it would be a matter of time until he runs out it.

*****************************

A/N

Helloooooooooo!!! Got done with my exams and here I am with the update.

Hope you like it! And if you did, don't forget to vote and comment!!