Chapter 17

It's now Monday the weekend came and went. I've came to the decision that I'm going to rent out an apartment. I can't stay in that house with my dad anymore, it's just too much.

I had opened a bank account incase it came to a situation like this. Just whatever left over money I had would be put into it, I guess it's true everything adds up.
I skipped the day off school to go view apartments and I've narrowed it down to the perfect one.

I think I'll be there pretty long term. It has 2 bedrooms, the master bedroom has an en-suite and there's a bathroom across the hall from the spare bedroom. The living room and kitchen is open area and I have an island instead of a kitchen table.

And it's also got a walk-in wardrobe. Which is perfect for me if you haven't already noticed, because I love clothes and shoes, might I add I literally have no space to store it all. I've been dedicated 2 parking spots in the lot that is also a plus.

I'm able to move in on Thursday, I told the owner as soon as possible would be the best time and that's the fastest he could do. Just 3 days to go. It's about 2:30pm and school ends in half an hour so I decided to go drop of my boots and shin guards in my locker for tomorrow's home opening game.

I slip into the hallway undetected. Well at least I thought I was until I hear a voice behind me. "King haven't seen you all day, finally decide to show up" Jess tormented.

"Ah yes just for you Jess" I got fake excited, jumping up and down on the spot whilst clapping my hands. "Oh look almost as clapped as you" I said sarcastically clapping up in her face.

This earned a good laugh from the people who had started to crowd around us. It was lunch so all the teachers had wandered off to the staff room.

To say she looked enraged would be an understatement. No one has ever stood up to Jess and it's about fucking time someone did, she's an A* asshole who needs put in her place.

"Ha good one you look and act like a jester" she spat. "You should be a comedian Jess" I retorted. "Oh wait never mind your life's already a fucking joke" I said rubbing my chin. Again everyone began to laugh.

I could see I struck a nerve because the tension in the air got thicker and her jaw was constantly clenching. Me being me decided to keep going though. "Oh wait actually, your relationship with Sam is a bigger joke" I added. The crowd 'oohed' in response.

She took a few deep breaths to try and calm herself down. "Yeah that's right bitch take the L" I said doing the 'take the L' fortnite dance just to get a reaction from everyone.

What can I say I rather enjoy acting like an idiot and it made everyone double over with laughter so I mean why not. I actually had to hold my own laughter in that's how funny it was.

"You, me outside right now" she demanded. All the students around us started chanting "fight, fight, fight". I didn't say anything instead I turned around and walked towards the parking lot.

Everyone rushed out behind us and soon enough all of the students in school had formed a circle around us. "Come on then big girl, give us a swing" I beckoned her forward with my hand.

She lunged forward towards my legs to tackle me to the ground, but I quickly jumped up and over her arms. Not going to lie that was a close one. I back up a bit so there's somewhat of a gap between the two of us.

She swung, punch after punch, around 4-5 were thrown at me one after the other. One clipping me in the jaw and the others were all just as close to getting me square in the face.

She shuffled closer to me and I take a chance and catch her off guard, a swift jab to the gut took the wind out of her. Whilst she's off balance I shove her up against the wall.