one.

Taymor McIntyre

"Tay, wake up. We're here." I heard as I felt the left side of my body being shaken. I began to wipe my eyes as my mother unbuckled her seatbelt and exited the car. I followed after her doing the same. Spreading out my arms, I stretched my tired body which produced a small yawn soon after. I breathed deeply taking in my new surroundings. Viewing the rather large house, I began to take in every detail from the roof to the front door.

"Look who it is." I heard a familiar voice which I knew belonged my mom's fiancé, Demario. I only met him a few times before but his accent was an easy distinction. As he walked towards us, my gaze shifted onto the male. "Took y'all long enough." He said as my mother and I both looked up at him. He quickly took her into his arms before giving her a quick peck on the lips. Watching as a wide smile began to appear upon her lips, my eye contact never broke from the two as I internally scoffed at the action. Demario broke the embrace before kissing her upon the lips once more. "My bad, lil man. How you doin'?" He asked looking over towards me.

"I'm cool I guess?" I said honestly unsure of how I was feeling at the moment. Sleepy was definitely at the top of the list. "I'm just a little tired from the ride." I said as I stuck my hand out for him to shake. He quickly slapped it away before wrapping his arms around my torso.

"Nigga, we family now." He said squeezing tighter. My eyebrows began to knit together somewhat confused. I erupted into an awkward chuckle before he broke the embrace. I stare at the man's hazel eyes which are completely focused on me. His hands lingering around my torso as he inspected me to feel even more awkward than before. "You got a lil taller from the last time I seen you?" He asked.

"I— I guess?" I answered unsure once again. He completely let go of me giving me time to readjust my shirt as Demario and my mom engage in small talk. This nigga obviously has no sense of personal space at all.

"Hold on." I overheard my mom say as pulled out her vibrating phone from her purse. I quickly turn to her as she nods her head before replying "Okay. On my way." She sighed, "That was the movers. I'm gonna go tell them where to put everything in the storage unit."  She spoke stuffing her phone back into her purse. "I'll be back before dinner." She said as Demario and I sighed.

"Let me walk you to ya' car." He said as they began to talk as the did before being intrrupted by the recent call. As their conversation cesed, I felt his eyes land on me again. He shuts the car door and waves at my mom as she pull off. He turns towards my direction and strolls towards me. "C'mon inside. I want you to meet the boys, Tay." Demario said rather excitedly as he smiled at me. I shrugged at him attempting to play it cool. I was kind of nervous to meet the new men that would become a part of my life. "I think y'all are gon' get along well." He went on as he reached the front door. I slowly trailed behnd him as he opened it. "Go 'head." He said stepping out of the way. I slowly walking into the foyer, taking everything in. It was way bigger then it looked from the outside. "Yo! Where y'all!?" His low voice boomed throughout the room, loud enough for everyone in the house to hear.

I slowly walked into the living room, completely shocked at how clean a house that four boys inhabited was so clean. They obviosly had to have just gotten the house cleaned or have some kind of weekly maid service. An "In here." came from the couch which startled me, causing me to jump. Quickly looking to where I heard the voice, I seen someone laid back while going through their phone. Averting his attention towards me, he locked his phone and stuffed it into his pocket as he got up from the couch. "You must be Taymor right? Wassup?" He said with a smile as he stuck his hand out for me to dap him up.

"Mmhm." I said nodding. "Tay is good. What's your name?" I asked the male as I took his hand into mine; shaking it instead of dapping him up. 

His auburn eyes squinted at me before he chuckled lightly. "I'm Calvin but you can call me Cal." He licked over his lips before smiling again. I could tell by his lack of facial hair that he wasn't that much older than me or taller than me for that matter.

Walking into the living room, Demario was followed by another male which I assumed to be another one of his offsprings. "I see you met your one brother now you can meet the other one."

"Stepbrother!" We all said to Demario in unison. 

"Wassup, shorty? I'm Will." The male said nodding his head towards me. He was a little taller than his brother and a little more rough looking. He showed me his crooked smile as he dapped me up.

"Tay. Nice to meet you." I said as I placed my hand back at my side. "Wait" I said rendering it was one of the boys missing. "Isn't it one more of y'all?" I asked.

"Yeah, Antonio ain't here right now though. He should be home later." Will's toothy grin soon faded before his father began to speak again.

"Now that y'all all hea'...Calvin, Tay finna stay in yo' room 'til we finish the renovations in the old guest room which is gon' be his room. An' you—" he turned his attention towards Will. "You gotta share a room wit'cho brother. I'on wan' hear no bitchin' and complainin' about it either." Demario stated. Both the boys huffed but neither even tried to argue with their father. I could tell he ran an extremely tight ship around here. Demario's phone began to ring which caught my attention while Will and Calvin talked lowly to one another. They were probably thinking of a plan to take me out. "I'll be right back." He told us all. "Get to know your brothers, Tay."

"Stepbrothers!" We all shouted again in unison as he exited the living room with the phone to his ear, waving us off.

I stood as the boys talked to one another on the couch. Hoping they would break the silence, I waited for them to invite me into the conversation— my invitation must have got lost in the mail. Deciding to be the one to do it, I walk over the them and take a seat on the couch. "My bad about the whole room thing. I—" I try to apologize about them both having their places of privacy stripped from them.

"It's cool. I mean it's not your fault." Cal looked over at me. "I just wish I ain't have to sleep wit' this stinky ass nigga." He joked which caused me to chuckle.

"Aye, stop fuckin' playin' with me!" Will exclaimed taking offense to Cal's joke about his hygiene. "Nigga, I actually take showers. I don't just run the water for an hour beatin' my meat like you do." He stares at Calvin who's laughing began to cease.

"Fuck up." The boy replied before sticking his middle finger up towards his sibling. Will did the same back to him. Watching them go on made my laugher continue.

"Wow!" I said catching my breath from laughing so hard. "You really just gon' expose him like that?" I asked.

"His dumb ass fucked up and started fuckin' wit' me!" Will replied before quickly bickering with his younger brother again. Maybe it wasn't going to be as bad as I thought it would be.

☽✰

Authors Notes

Please excuse any spelling/grammatical errors. Don't forget to vote and comment.

I wrote more and this chapter was way longer but I'm not sure if it should be part two or chapter two. Let's find out on the next episode of sadboy is indecisive!