Chapter 28

Rose's pov

I made the kids have their lunch and let them go to their training. I had promised myself to be the motherly figure they wanted in their life. But when I looked at the lunch table where Alexander sat with others something seemed off. I went to talk with Dean but he did not say a word. He seemed lost and in his own thoughts. All the warriors were seen training hard. Finally I decided to talk to lavender if she knew about something.

We both were at my grandparents house and were eating some snacks. Grandpa was in the garsen and grandma was in the kitchen so we both were alone in the living area. 'Lavender, Dean seems a little bit off these days right. It feels he and Alexander are planning something.' 'I know when I asked Dean what was it last night he said it was a problem with rogues. They are preparing the warriors to fight with them. He also mentioned a name in particular. What was it..... Oh yeah! Some rogue named Mason.' she said.

My plate dropped from my hand hearing it. Mason! That filthy rogue who is the reason why my parents aren't here anymore. I needed to meet Alexander immedietly, ask him when did he come to know about this. 'Lavender, I...i need to leave. Tell grandma and grandad I left and will come back for dinner.' 'Okay, but what's the hurry?' lavender asked. Clearly Dean had not told her who Mason was. 'I will tell you later.' saying that I hurried towards the pack house.

When I entered everyone around greeted me. Usually I greet them back but today I only nodded and hurried towards Alexander's office. When I entered it he was looking at some documents with a serious expression over his face. He immedietly looked up at me and for a minute there was complete silence. 'Is there any problem rose?' he asked me with a smile that looked a little force.

'Why didn't you tell me about Mason?' I asked him right away. His face suddenly became serious. His smile faded and he simply said, 'Because it dissent concern you.' He said in a calm voice. 'What do you mean by that?!' I asked him. 'Rose, you are not getting involved in this.' He said in an extremely serious and somewhat angry voice. 'You... You can't do this, Mason killed my family. I have every right to get involved.' 'The news is not confirmed yet.' He said. 'So you are preparing the rest of the pack for no reason.' 'Don't get involved in this, that's all I have to say Rose.' he said his voice raising a little bit.

'You know what, I will figure out everything on my own. I will just leave with my grandparents. If you just want to hide important things like this from me.' I said and as I was turning around to leave he suddenly grabbed my hand and turned me around and said,'Until and unless Mason is gone you are not going to step out of the pack. Do you even know that those rogues near your town were Mason's. If it wasn't for jake showing up at the last moment you would have died as he was planning to attack you. You are staying here and not getting involved in this. I am the alpha and I make all the decisions.'.'You are awful'. I said in a cracked voice and left.

I went to the training arena and was there for a few hours. After that I went straight to my room. Throughout the day i avoided Alexander. Why is he behaving like this? Even lily was puzzled. Thinking that I closed my eyes and went to sleep.

Third person's pov

That night rose was sleeping on the bed and suddenly the door opened and footsteps were heard. That person sat on the bedside and took one of her hands into both of his, 'Why don't you understand me, damnit? Alexander's voice spoke. 'I.... I just don't want you to get hurt,i can't see you getting hurt. I am ready to due a thousand times if I can protect you every time. I know I am a culprit, a bad person who ruined your life but niw I don't want you to get any kind of trouble. I don't want to risk your life rose. Right now every single day I am going through so much stress mentally that sometimes I just want to hold someone close for some minutes and por my heart out but.... But I can't. Dealing with someone like Mason is going to be a big challenge for me Rose and I am ready for it.... For everything as an alpha for my pack but when it comes to you, every single time you come in front of me I have so many conflicts in my mind, so many emotions, so many questions..... I don't know how to deal with it, anything. Somewhere I dream about me and you together then I remember our past which makes it impossible and then I see the future which apperently puts both of us danger. You were right Rose. Moon goddess did a mistake by making us mates. I don't deserve you. You don't deserve to be in this situation. But I hope, I just hope that until Mason is gone you will understand me. I just can't put you in front of him or his rogues to fight and put your life in danger. Please understand. I will not let you die.' He said and kissed Rose's hand. He could not talk all these things when she was awake in front of her. Today when she came in his office the whole situation just went wrong. He knew Rose hated Mason as much as he did. He shook his head and left closing the door of the room on the way.

As soon as he left Rose's eyes opened.