Chapter 13

I stabbed my food round my plate. What the hell? This blonde perfect Penny sat opposite me. All I heard them talk about was how brilliant Hunter was at work and how brilliant penny also was ... seemed like it was an office romance how fucking romantic. Maybe he banged her on his desk...I instantly hated her already.

I wanted to stab my eyes out as I noticed her touch Hunter hand. I zoned out the conversation but I couldn't help seeing the tight smile he gave her as he removed his hand. Hmm maybe it wasn't as it seemed. Still I couldn't control the jealousy building up inside me. No wonder he didn't keep in touch it made sense now.

"Bella your awfully quite is everything ok?" It was Hunter mum who posed the question.

"I'm not that hungry" suddenly the emotion hit me "I need some fresh air" I stood as all eyes were on me but I needed to get out.

I went out into the garden. Jesus of course he'd go for her. Hunter wasn't used to having girlfriends he never did serious but she was so typical pretty so right for Hunter.

"Bella" of course he followed me..

"What?" I was actually angry he didn't mention it yesterday when we meet but then again he didn't owe me anything. Why would he bring her up.

"Are you ok?" He looked generally concerned.

"I'm fine" I couldn't look him in the eye

"You don't seem it. In fact you seem kind of angry" he touched my arm but I flinched away.

"What do you want? huh to embarrass me?" I suddenly flipped "you sit right opposite me with that.."

"With that what?" He had stepped closer to me now.

"Nothing forget it" I didn't wanna show how much it hurt me.

"Tell me" his face as growing closer and closer.
"Is it about penny because trust me it isn't what you think?" Shit was it that obvious..

"Then what is it?" My curiously over took any reasoning to not look desperate.

"My dad hired her a while back she's the daughter of someone important that he does business with it would look good for the company if I settle down with her"

"So you just lay down and take his orders do you?" I scoffed

"No he knows my feelings on it. He brings penny everywhere not me he wanted me to at least try with her but it doesn't seem right so I haven't really. I go along with it when he brings her just to get him of my back" he looked at the floor.

"Says you you used to fuck anything that moved" I rolled my eyes wanting to believe his word.

"Used to yeah...I've grown up you know" he even have the nerve to look offended.

I was burning to know. "Have you been with anyone since you know?"

I could tell he didn't expect the question but he knew exactly what I meant "well no ...I haven't actually" he left it hanging as I blinked he really hadn't "I've been so busy with work..." it seemed like an added after thought.

"Have you?" He asked me

I shook my head and his body visible relaxes.
"I'm sorry I hadn't been in touch recently" his hand cupped my face as he moved closer. I held my breath in anticipation. "Honestly I didn't know what to say"

"I was worried it's been a big change not seeing you or Nathan as often not knowing how you are... I missed you" I admitted our faces so close.

"Mate" Nathan loud voice could be heard as we sprung apart. "Eh mum wants to know if you want pudding" I saw a werid look cross over Nathan's face.

"Just coming" with that he turned of his heels and pretty much ran back to the house.

I felt disappointed if Hunter felt the way I did why was he so worried about Nathan. He ran back. maybe he was embarrassed of me...

Hunter pov

"What was going on out there!" Nathan cornered me as soon as I got into the house.

"Nothing" my heart was beating in my chest. Making it seem like I wasn't about to kiss the face off his sister.

"Oh I mean I must been kinda dumb but it looked like you were going to kiss" Nathan crosses his arms

"What of course not ew she your sister and that's like my sister" I needed to think quick "she wasn't feeling well I was about to give her a hug that's all"

Nathan relaxed trusting my lies "Oh course I was just being stupid sorry mate I mean you and my sister Jesus haha"

"Haha" I forced a laugh out "Yeah that be pretty weird"

"Yeah I mean your my brother man you wouldn't do that" he laughed again

"Yeah of course not- let's go eat" I needed to get out of here.

"Sure oh and by the way Penny is hot man I have no idea why I thought it looked romantic between you and Bella " I was for once thankful she was here as I could use this. "I know you don't do serious but I can see why that might change"

"Yeah smoking mate I mean I can't wait to fuck her later" I let it slip out a fuckboy comment to throw him of the scent. This could work to my advantage...

"Yeah I mean I know you said you dad was setting you up but I mean it's no bad thing I can see why your so busy at work eh" he winked

I chucked as we we went back into the room. He didn't need to know I wouldn't actually be touching her at all.

********************************************

It was Christmas Eve when I heard a knock on my door. I was busy studying.

"Come in"

"Oh so your not in your underwear this time" I looked up to see a smirking Hunter I rolled my eyes I hadn't seen him since the meal a week ago.

"Merry Christmas too you too" I moved my books so he could sit down on the bed.

"Well that would have been a great present" his smirk was even wider.

I playfully pushed his chest.
"Hey" he acted hurt but I knew he wasn't

"Here I did actually get you a prescent" he smiled as he handed over a small package

"Really I wasn't expecting anything" I was embarrassed I hadn't got him anything.

"I wanted to" he smiled "open it now" he seemed excited.

"Ok ok" I went to open the paper and in my hand was the most gorgeous diamond heart necklace. I grew still admiring it.

"Hey do you like it?" He seemed generally worried.

"Yes yes I love it thank you. I was just shocked it must have costed you a fortune" I blushed.

"It's nothing I get paid a fair bit now" he smiled for once he was stating a fact not being big headed.

"Well thank you. Can you help me put it on?" I asked

"of course" he moved closer and helped me do it up at the back his finger skimming my neck making me shiver. I remember his hand elsewhere...

He scowled removed his hands as he tracked my shoulder down.

"Thanks Hunter. I'm sorry I didn't get you anything we don't normally do presents"

"Well there is something you can give me" he has a smirk damn it what did he want.
It became apparent when he moved closer his eyes fixing on my lips. Oh I smiled as I realised and joined our lips together.  If I thought the distance would have changed anything I was proven wrong it felt just as good as before If not better. He deepened the kiss pulling my hair.
Damn it. I was well aware of Nathan and my family in and I knew it couldn't go any further.
We pulled away breathing deeply.

"Best present ever" he whispered in my ear and then processed to do his trademark smirk as he left.