The Results

My heart fell to my stomach.

"W-what? What did you just say?"

"Dallas Wesley."

I began to hyperventilate.

"Violet." Seth put his arm around my back, "It's okay baby, it's okay."

I laid my head on his shoulder.

"I'll give you guys a few minutes." The doctor shut her binder and left the room .

"No, no, no." I sobbed into Seth's T-shirt, "This can't happen. You are the father. You have to be."

"Violet please. Calm down. You're scaring bubba."

"I'm sorry. I just- I can't - I can't..."

That's when the door swung open again.

"I'm so sorry. Something went wrong in our system. I just looked at the original copy and Male #2 is actually Seth Wood."

"Oh my god!" I shrieked and jumped up from the chair, "oh my god! Seth!"

Seth jumped up too. A mile long smile across his face. He hugged me tighter than he ever has before. Tears fell down both of our faces. I leaned down and unstrapped Milo from his car seat. I held him in my arms and kissed his head. The closer I looked the more I could tell there was no denying that this was Seth's son. I passed Milo over to Seth and he held him close. He kissed him all over.

"I love you my son. I love you more than anything."

Once back in the car I knew what I needed to do. I needed to make a very important phone call. I pulled up Dallas' contact and called him.

It rang three times and then his voice came over the receiver.

"Hello?"

"Hey Dallas. It's me Violet. So um we got the genetic testing back today. And uh- Seth is the father Dallas."

"Oh."

"I'm sorry...?"

"No-no. It's fine. I was just- I don't know what I was hoping for. Don't worry about it. Uh- hey I've gotta go. I have a son to take care of."

"Hey Dallas?"

"Yes?"

"I just wanna say thank you for being willing to be a part of Milo's life. Some guys would've just taken off with no words. So thank you. That truly was a brave thing to do."

"Ya- well I'm just doing the best I can. Congratulations to you and Seth. Goodbye."

"Goodbye Dallas."

He hung up.

"I love you so much." I looked at Seth.

"I love you more."

Did I get you?

This is just a filler chapter so sorry it's so short. There will only be 1 more chapter and then an epilogue! Kind of sad to be saying goodbye to this book, but so excited for my upcoming projects!