Chapter 69

Thank you for reading. God bless you and I love you.

Kara’s POV

*

            Stephano stole a glance at me as the lovers shared a kiss in the TV and smirk tugged at a side of his lips. He was teasing me; I could see it clearly in his eyes. And I was letting him tease me, which he enjoyed, judging by the smirk that stretched further on his face. We got married two months ago and I’d gotten to know this man even better daily.

“What?” I asked him with a scowl.

“Did I say anything?” The sides of his eyes crinkled a bit as his smirk widened.

My scowl deepened. “You were staring at me just now and of no doubt thinking something crafty in that head of yours.”

He shrugged and sat up on the bed. “Don’t forget that without this crafty head and brain of mine, we won’t be here today, together. But I put my ego aside the time we had our first fight — which by the way was your fault since you overreacted — and then I went over to your apartment because I knew you would have learnt your lesson after a while. And I wasn’t wrong; you came running back into my arms.” The expression on his face turned cocky while he smiled as if reminiscing an inside joke.

“Rub it in my face all you want. Has the matter not passed?” I scooted farther from him.

“It has passed. You just have to show me more gratitude for loving you so much to the extent that I couldn’t wait for us to be on bad terms for up to twenty four hours before reconciling with you. And when I say things, know they're for a reason.”

I huffed. “Whatever.”He moved closer to me and sat behind me, pulling me down by the shoulders to rest on his chest.

“Do you want to know one funny thing about us?” His eyes twinkled mischievously and I knew I might not like what he was about to say but I still had to hear it.

“Tell me.” I replied and randomly played with the teddy bear he’d gotten for me a while ago.

I was even considering getting a puppy but since I would be busy for a while, it’d have to wait for a little more time. I couldn’t forget the pink puppy I’d been playing with in my dream the night after we had the house party last year, which was when he made our relationship public to the world.  The more I thought about the puppy, the stronger the urge to get it became.

“I am your first kiss.” He stated slowly and I turned around to face him, surprised. His eyes drifted to my mouth, and back up to my eyes. He gulped.

“How come? If I remember vividly, my first kiss is-”

“Victor Dimitri. He’s not your first kiss Kara, you’ve kissed me before then.” I gasped. I couldn’t remember kissing him and even though I used to be really troublesome while growing up, I wasn’t that mischievous to have kissed the good looking young master without knowing. He did love to brood and he definitely wasn't the best company.

“When? How? How come I don’t remember kissing you?” I squinted at him.

“That time, you were much younger and my dad hosted a dinner party at his place one evening. Then, somehow you got intoxicated after mingling with some boys who were business partners with my dad and I had to carry you up to my room so you wouldn’t do anything funny.”

“Why not my own room?” I hugged the teddy to my chest.

“I’m still getting there. Be patient.” He commented and then kissed my cheek. “I took you to my room because it was safer. It was better than taking you to your room where I won’t be able to access the locks on time or confirm your safety whenever I want to.”