10

Honey hated how fast this time had come

She had been apprehensive as she waited for this day to arrive. No one had to tell her how foolish she was being by meeting with Terrell after everything he done...after everything she's done. In all honesty, this was the last thing Honey wanted to do...but it had to be done.

As much as she wanted to live happily after in her own bubble and pretend like everything didn't happen the way it did.

She couldn't.

Honey had been hearing whispers and talk about Terrell being released from jail, but she wrote it off as gossip and kept it pushing...

Until Terrell himself had called her last night.

Honey knew her time had run out and she had to face him whether she wanted to or not. She knew he would come and find her if she didn't obligate to his demands so she swallowed down her fear and did as she was instructed.

It make matters worse, she was going empty handed.

Honey nervously toyed with the zipper of her jacket as she waited on the curb a few blocks over from her house. She waited on the unfamiliar car to pick her up, feeling like she wanted to take off in the direction of her home..her safe haven..

She shoved her hands in pockets, gnawing on her lower lip as she reminded herself that she was doing this her family. If she didn't show up, he would surely come after them and that couldn't happen because of her decision. Terrell was impulsive..borderline crazy....so nothing was off the table when it was time for him to get what he wanted. Knowing him, he would pop up at her house if that's what he felt like doing.

He had nothing to lose.

She just wanted to see if there was any way to resolve their issues..if she could have a leg to stand on..to see where his head was at while she came up with a plan to low lay or to buy herself from more time.

If she continued thinking about this she would run herself crazy so she shoved her thoughts out of her mind, lowering her eyes to the overgrowing weeds in the cracks of the concrete.

All of a sudden, a black Escalade pulled up right in front of Honey, making her heart race in her chest. She did her best to calm herself as she placed her shaking hand on the handle of the door, yanking it open.

She was greeted with by menacing face of Spencer, her heart dropped. Honey tried to control her nerves but it was impossible..she was so scared.