Chapter 8 - Found

It had been a few days since he had come home from the hospital, and he was starting to annoy even his parents. It was their fault though. He wanted to go look for Cana and they kept insisting he rest. A guy could only sleep so much until it has lost its appeal.

As if that wasn't bad enough either, his wolf was adding to his own anxiety. He wanted him to go find her and Owen wanted too as well. Owen hadn't told his parents about his change, but he had been practicing it every night. Every time he changed, it became a little easier for him. It would probably always be uncomfortable, but at least it didn't hurt now.

He was sitting on his couch when he smiled as a sudden thought came to mind. He dug through his old pants and found the piece of paper Christian had given him. He hadn't talked to him since the hospital, but maybe they could help each other out.

" Hello?" He answered on the second ring and Owen's smile grew.

" Help me and I will help you." Owen instantly said and he heard Christian sigh. Owen knew he was likely still frustrated from their last conversation.

" You pretend you're taking care of me tonight, so my parents will leave, and I will help you find the cabin. My dad says he remembers it and gave me a general area to search." He knew Christian's attention was instantly captured, and it gave Owen hope.

" Why don't you just tell them to leave?" He answered and this time Owen sighed in annoyance. He would never hear the end of it if he did and he didn't want to hurt his parents for caring.

" Do we have a deal or not?" Owen wasn't in the mood to explain myself to a near stranger.

" Alright cranky." Christian answered with a small chuckle.

" Sorry." Owen quickly apologized. He really needed to get out of here.

" I will be over in a few." Christian said, his voice filled with amusement. Movement filled the line seconds before he heard it go dead as he hung up.

His few minutes ended up being an hour. It took a lot of coaxing, but his mom and dad agreed to let Christian watch him. Owen told them they were having a guy's night. They hadn't liked him leaving the hospital like that and it had made them too cautious. He breathed a sigh of relief though, when he was in the passenger's seat of his car, and they were driving into the park.

" You said your dad gave you a general area?" He asked and Owen had to admit he was impressed Christian could restrain himself that long.

Owen decided he would tell him. Christian seemed genuine and maybe he could help Owen find her. Christian had known Owen hadn't been telling him the truth all along, but he still hung around and had lent Owen a hand when he needed it. Owen reminded himself. Christian had earned at least the location.

" The cabin is up at Black Plateau. I think, judging by the terrain, I know where it might be." Owen knew it wouldn't take long to search, even with just two of them.

" Good." Was all he said to Owen and Owen knew he felt hurt.

Owen still hadn't told him how he had been infected with the virus. That thought, above everything else seemed to bother Christian more. Owen guessed being infected had proved he had more than just seen her, and Christian had to know he was lying to him on purpose. He likely only answered his call because he knew that Owen was lying to protect her and not let anyone know what he knew.

After a few hours of searching, they found it. It was a rundown shack that the roof had already fallen in on and only a few support beams remained. Those that remained, where charred and Owen could only conclude the feds must have burned it to ensure nothing remained of the Stone's research. Any hope of finding anything else was immediately dashed, but they still went to it.