Chapter Twenty-Four

Cyrus' POV

"Why is she naked?" Blue asked, because she was probably the only one besides me who's brain was functioning.

I mean, Empusa was naked and extremely beautiful. Jax and Carlos were very tragically attracted to women.

Empusa's eyes sparkled when they landed on Carlos. Carlos, to my shock, slouched away from her like he'd rather not have to look at her.

"Hello," Empusa sighed, holding her hand out. "You are a handsome young human."

Carlos glared. "Ugh. Not another demon."

Empusa reeled back, eyes flashing and nostrils flaring. "Excuse you?! You resist the urge to worship me?"

Carlos sent me a defeated glance. "They're all the same, huh?"

Empusa clenched her fists. "Do you have any idea who you are talking to?! I am a Satanic princess, the eldest child of Lucifer, and the rightful heir to the throne of Hell!"

Carlos looked her up and down. "Aren't you a little short to be the Satanic ruler of Hell?"

Empusa burst into flames. "If I become ruler, the first order of my reign will be to decapitate you!"

She and Theo were so similar. The familiar heartsick sadness crept into my chest.

"Anyway!" I said to fight it off. "Empusa, why are you here? Is Theo okay?"

Empusa wrinkled her nose and rolled her eyes, revealing just how similar she and Theo looked. "What do I care about my baby brother right now? He's fine. He's the child of the family, so it's likely he'll hardly get more than a slap on the wrist. I'm here to speak to you and your mother."

I gritted my teeth, imagining all of the horrific reasons for the daughter of Satan to find me. "Am I being arrested? If, as a demon, if I've broken any rules, just know that I had no idea I was a demon until today."

Empusa groaned and tossed her head back, which honestly looked a little erotic. Jax was still drooling. "No, idiotic queer human."

"If she kills me, I want that on my headstone," I said to my friends. "Cyrus West: a loving son, a good brother, and an idiotic queer human."

Empusa stomped her foot. "Enough! Allow me to speak. Father put me in charge of the fate of Aamon when his treacheries were discovered. I have come to discuss with you and your mother what the proper punishment should be. Jerome informed me that you should be personally involved."

"Well my mom is in the living room, hiding from you." I said. "She definitely can hear you, she's just choosing not to come into the room."

"Brat child!" Mom yelled. She walked back into the room with Nina following close behind, muttering about demon stuff and when will it end. "You're naked."

Empusa tossed her hair. "You're welcome."

"Well, this Aamon guy deserves to die," Blue said. "He took a human and brought her to Hell. He blackmailed Cyrus. He sounds like a major cock, not gonna lie."

"Wait," Empusa growled. "That beautiful human should not know about this."

Blue blushed.

"I must inform Father of your treachery." She glared daggers into my soul. "You were explicitly told to not spread information about Hell to other humans."

"They already knew!" I yelped. "Don't kill me!"

"I will have Father come here himself to determine what to do about this situation," Empusa decided.