two

~ AIDEN
After a few hours of lounging around the new house and putting away some of our other boxes, Roman knocks on my door and asks if I'm ready to head out.
"Yeah, you've told mom or dad right?" I ask, brushing through my hair quickly so it doesn't look all knotted and like I just rolled out of bed. Which I did, if I'm being honest. Roman nodded and headed out of my room. I threw on an old sweatshirt with my previous schools' name on it and walked out of my room, turning the light off in the process.
I put on my tennis shoes that I had lying by the front door. "Ready?" Roman asks, opening the door as I stand up and nod in response. We walk over to Alex's house and knock on the door, waiting for someone to answer.
"Ah! Looks who's finally arrived. C'mon in. We're all downstairs but I'm sure Alex's parents would like to meet you two first. They're in the kitchen." Cole says, pointing towards the kitchen and moving out of the way so we can come inside. We both say hello and head towards the kitchen to meet Alex's parents.
"Oh. Hello, you two must be the new neighbors! Alex was telling us about you."

We said goodbye to his parents and walked towards the stairs leading downstairs. "Let me know when you want to leave." Roman says before we walk down the stairs. I nod and walk down ahead of him, seeing a group of guys sitting on a couch and a large beanbag chair. I stop and look around before Alex says something, "Come sit!" Roman immediately goes over and takes a seat at the end of the couch, leaving only a space between Alex and another guy whom I hadn't met yet. I sit down between the two and say hello.
"Shy?" The guy next to me asks and I nod, Roman answering for me, "She's never been much of a people person."
He laughs and Alex starts to introduce everyone to us. "Guys, these are my new neighbors, Roman and Aiden. That's all I really know about them so you two better share a little more with us. This is Cole, you've already met, and Trevor, Jack, Patrick, and Vlas."
After the introductions we all start to talk and get to know eachothers personalities.
"So where are you guys from?" Jack asks, watching Trevor and Cole play Mario Kart.
"Minnesota." I answer, Roman adding a small "mhm."
"Oh so you're used to the cold. Good good." Jack says, grabbing the remote from Trevor once they finished their round. "Who wants to play with me?"
"I will." I say, knowing that my Mario Kart skills are pretty superior. He laughs and gives me a "good luck"
I shake my head and grab the remote, ready to play. I pick Toad as my character, the character I always choose, even as a child I would choose Toad.
"You expect to win as Toad?" Trevor asks and Roman responds, "She always wins."
I give him a small "Yup" and continue on with the game. Jack picks the course and the game begins. Before we know it, I'm taking the lead and Jack is three spots behind me. I finish the game in first place as expected and Roman claps as I finish.
"I should've bet you money." I say, setting the remote down and going on my phone.

Before Roman and I leave we give Alex our phone numbers so we can hang out again and talk more. We say goodbye to all of the guys and head upstairs to the front door.
Once Roman and I get home I pull him over to take a picture for Instagram with me. He groans and walks over.

aiden

aiden.irvin : still the reigning mario kart champ
1,352 likes
14 comments
gabiobv : the cutest sibling pair!!
aiden.irvin : couldn't agree more
roman.irvin : you look like toad in this pic. i think we both know who the cuter sibling is
I look over at Roman who is still sitting on my bed as he comments this. I wack him on his shoulder and say, "I'm the cuter sibling."
He laughs and shakes his head otherwise.
I keep reading through the rest of the comments.
_alexturcotte : play me next time :(
jackhughes_ : i'll beat you next time
    trevorzegras : i highly doubt that, bud
     colecaufield : i second that^ sorry bud
     jackhughes_ : i'll be laughing when i prove      otherwise
    aiden.irvin : i'll be sure to bet you money next time. how's $5 sound?

I turn off my phone and Roman and I start to talk about our new lives.

"They added us to a groupchat." Roman says, opening up his phone and showing me the many texts he now has.
I open my phone and look at my texts
Alex: ya'll wanna hang tomorrow? we can go to the diner
(###) ###-####: i'm down. jack's with me and he is too
Roman💙: Aiden and I will go.

I turn my phone off and Roman walks out, leaving me alone by myself.