The Perfect Day

I stood out the front of my history class, Stephen and Chantelle beaming on either side of me. I was nervously sweating and my entire face felt red hot.

"Do I have to?" I groaned like a child.

"You know it'll end well, just get it over with," Chantelle persisted.

"But I'm sweaty and smell like BO from the soccer match," I pleaded, "Maybe tomorro-"

"This is about you wanting him to like you for you and not be ashamed of it, right?"

I nodded.

"Then go in as you are."

Stephen and Chantelle giggled and walked off, blowing me kisses. This was it. The handle clicked and the door to what I thought was my classroom opened, but honestly I wouldn't have been able to tell without the numbers above the door.

The room was dimly lit by candles that all smelt of coco butter, and red rose petals were scattered around the room. All of the chairs and tables had been moved out of the room and had been replaced with a couple speakers, playing Bublé.

I gasped and felt as though I was going to faint. Did Mitchell really do all this just for me? Now THIS was a side of him I'd never seen.

"Wh-" I could hardly speak.

"You don't like it," Mitchell sighed from the middle of the room, "The Bublé was Alfie's idea, Rem Dogg suggested rose petals before telling us to... 'get it on'... so I slapped him in the dick..."

"I love it!" I shrieked, "How'd you pull it all together in an afternoon?"

"Afternoon?" he laughed, "Been planning this for a month."

"But that's before-"

"Before you showed your 'bad girl' side," he had a smug 'told-you-so' look on his face.

I'd been misjudging him this entire time. All day I'd been treating him like shit for not liking me for me, when in actuality, he'd liked me much longer than I knew.

"And if Rem Dogg helped-"

"I'm not ashamed of you, if that's what you think," he walked over to me and took my hand, the void, dumbass expression that was usually written all over his face dropping once again.

"Then why hide me and pull away and-"

"I wanted to be discreet," he shrugged, "Until I was sure you would be mine."

I could just feel the blush growing on my cheeks in that moment.

"That look," he chuckled, "I want to see more of that."

I took his other hand and I could feel my blush spread.

"I have to ask then. Why the coco butter?"

"The candles were planned in the past couple weeks," he leaned in to whisper in my ear, "Your lips tasted like coco butter."

"Did it taste good?" I smiled cheekily.

"Y-"

I didn't let him speak, I just leaned in and kissed him softly, but passionately. I grabbed onto the sides of his jacket, using it to pull his body closer to me. He opened his mouth a little and I let my tongue slip in. He seemed pleasantly surprised and followed my lead, doing the same.

Mitchell reached his hands around my body and rested them on my ass. I gasped a little into his mouth and ran my fingers through his hair.

We both pulled away to catch our breath and looked into each other's eyes intently.

"Wanna get Nandos?" He chuckled slightly.

"What about cleaning all this up?" I rolled my eyes.

"Dickers can do it," he shrugged before picking up his bag from the floor and taking my hand to lead me out of the classroom.

That's my Mitchell.

-

I skipped into class the next morning, chipper as ever. Mitchell and I had had an amazing date the night before. After the classroom, we went to Nandos and shared a meal. Him and I just talked for hours, cracking stupid jokes, and making fun of each other, sharing stories from our childhood... It was all so perfect.

I walked in and saw that, for once, Mitchell was early. In fact, he was talking to Chantelle and Stephen. My smile only grew. My three favourite people. I walked over to them.

"We were just talking about how you guys are b and g f!" Stephen clapped and smiled.

"English?" I laughed.

"Boyfriend and girlfriend!"

A look of confusion grew on my face.

"We are?"