Together

No One's POV

    Ellie opened her eyes as the sun shined into her room causing her to sit up as she yawned and stretched her shoulders. She stood up off of her bed to head over to her dresser to put on some pants and a sweatshirt along with a pair of shoes. She left her room into a hallway as it was nearly empty, except for a few people sitting or standing while talking.
    She walked by them and opened a door that led her outside. People were walking to their destinations as some were working. People were growing crops, building structures, and working at the dam for power and water. She walked through the little village as she said hi to everyone who waved at her. She was met by Maria, "Look who's finally up." "Sorry, I guess I stayed up to long last night."
    Ellie followed Maria as they walked around the small organization that was built at the water dam. The two walked into the pump room where the water was converted into energy, "So what's on the agenda for today Maria." "Well in a few hours you are gonna go out to savage some supplies. (Y/N) will be going with you." The two walked on the balcony above as some people were working under them.
    Ellie quickly looked down to see (Y/N) working on some sort of machine that made the pipe wotk as Susan stood above him as she examined any mistakes he may have made, "(Y/N) will come with me." (Y/N) looked up at the two as Ellie quickly looked back at Maria who was now facing her, "You know that if you just told him you wouldn't have to steal glances at him." Ellie crossed her arms, "I-I don't know what you mean."
    Maria shook her head as she lead Ellie over to Tommy's office as he was gonna teach Ellie how to make bullets from scrap. A few minutes later Maria met Joel outside as he just came from a run to find some materials. He took off his backpack to show many nuts, bolts, and screws, "It's not much, but it should help with finishing a few of the houses." "Anything is good to have. Good job."

    Joel rolled his arm as it was a little sore, "Where's Ellie?" Maria examined a few screws, "She woke up a few minutes ago. She's about to make a food run with (Y/N)." "I think we need (Y/N) here for repairs. Maybe someone else could go with Ellie. Like another girl." Maria put the screws down, "Now Joel-" "Don't start." "Joel. She is 16 now and (Y/N) is going to be 18 in about four months according to Susan. You can't look after Ellie forever."
    Joel crossed his arms as he looked at Maria, "I know. But she's to young." "When was the first time you fell in love?" Joel didn't respond as Maria snapped her fingers at him, "Answer the question Joel." Joel seemed to fidget a bit, "I was 15 and she was... she was 16." "Mhmm. I know that your like a father for her Joel, but from what you have told me they've been through a lot together." "I know."
    Maria put her hand on Joel's shoulder, "He's a good boy Joel. You should trust him more." "I do trust him. I just wish Ellie doesn't have to grow up so fast." "Every parent feels that way, but you have to let her go. She has to do and decide things on her own, but when she needs help she will come to you for help." Joel nodded his head, "I know."
    Joel walked into the water dam facility and into the pipe room. He walked past a few people until he reached Susan and (Y/N). Susan had a flashlight as she checked inside a pipe to see that everything was fine, "Hey Joel. Ya need somethin." "I wanna talk to (Y/N) privately." "Well alright then. I gotta sort out the food anyways."
    Susan left as Joel stood above (Y/N) who was on a roller under a machine as he was trying to make the pipe pump faster. He stuck his hand over at Rosy who was next to him, "Number 1." Rosy then walked over to a toolbox and grabbed a wrench with her mouth. She then came back to drop it in her his hand. He tightened some bolts until Joel finally spoke, "It seems like you got this under control."
    (Y/N) came from under the machine as he then stood up to face Joel, "Hey Joel, what's up?" "Well I heard that your gonna go out for a food run with Ellie here in a bit." "Oh yeah, I'll keep an eye on her and if anything happens I will keep her in my sight at all times. I know the rules." "I know you do, but this time it'll just be the two of you." "Yeah, the same rules still apply right?" "Yes they do but-"
    Joel then grabbed a chair as he gabbed another one and set it next to him, "Have a seat (Y/N)." He sat down next to Joel as Joel rubbed his hands together, "Your a teenage boy and I was once a teenage boy as well. And you start to see things differently, like girls." "What are you getting at?" "I've seen the way you look at Ellie." (Y/N) seemed to choke on his words as he started to stutter nonsense.
    Joel lightly smacked (Y/N)'s back, "Stop worrying. I think your the best option she has, compared to the rest of the boys here. Now go get ready for your scavenging mission, I'll go get Ellie." (Y/N) stood up as he walked away, "Yes sir. Come on Rosy." Rosy quickly followed (Y/N) as he walked outside and towards Maxy, "Hey boy, ya thirsty?" (Y/N) grabbed a bucket and filled it with water and put it into a large wooden bowl allowing Maxy to drink.
    He then packed his essentials in his backpack and made his way to the entrance of the village. When he made it he saw Ellie arrive as she had her backpack and her bow, "Ya ready?" "Yeah, let's go." Rosy barked signaling that sure was ready. The two walked out of the town as the doors were opened and closed behind them.
    The two were walking down a path as they were heading to a gas station a few scouts found, but couldn't scavenge because of a lack of time. The two were nearly there after twenty-five minutes as Ellie put her hands together behind her back, "So, I see that your learning how to fix machines better." "Yeah, Susan and Tommy have been helping me a lot. Your getting better with fighting and handling weapons better." "Joel and Maria have helped me with that." "Well you've definitely improved." "Thanks."
    The gas station then came into view as only three stalkers were seen walking around the area. Ellie pulled her bow back as (Y/N) and Rosy silently went ahead. Ellie released an arrow killing the closest stalker as (Y/N) ran past it. He whistled catching the two zombies attention, but (Y/N) pulled out his hatchet and sent it to the one on left's head. The whistle signaled Rosy to jump up and bite into the last stalker's neck and snapped it.
    (Y/N) wiped the blood off of his blade as Rosy spat all the blood out of her mouth and Ellie walked up to them, "Are you ok (Y/N)?" "Yeah I'm fine." (Y/N) walked over to the door to have it just open allowing the three in. Ellie and (Y/N) separated, "Don't forget to check the expiration date on the cans." "Yeah I know. We don't want to repeat that mistake." The two checked aisles as they were able to find some food which was more than they expected.
    (Y/N) put some food in his bag along with some bottles of water until he heard a loud crash on another aisle. He quickly ran over to the noise to see Ellie on the floor as she sat up to hold her knee. Apparently she had stepped on a can making her fall and hit the shelves on her way to the ground. (Y/N) helped her up as Ellie had a few scratches on her legs and scraped both of her knees, "You alright Ellie?" "Yeah I'm fine. Just a few scratches." "Lets get back, we have basically found everything that we will find."
    As they two started walking Ellie felt pain in her legs and (Y/N) noticed this as a little blood went through her jeans, "Wait a second Ellie." He stood in front of Ellie as he bent down a little away from her, "Hop on." "W-what?" "It'll be quicker if I carried you." After a second of thought Ellie hopped on his back as he started to carry her. Ellie wrapped arms around (Y/N)'s neck as he held her up with her thighs.
    They were just about ten minutes away until Ellie felt something hit her face. She touched it with her hand to feel it again. Rain started to poor down as Ellie told (Y/N) that there was a cabin not far from here that her and Susan found a few months ago. (Y/N) quickly carried her their as Rosy went ahead to survey the area. They reached the cabin as (Y/N) went through the door and Rosy followed in after as (Y/N) went to close the door.
    Rosy shook all the water off of her as (Y/N) set Ellie on the bed while the rain hit the roof above them. (Y/N) looked out the window, "It seems like the rain is gonna go on for a while." Ellie put a piece of her hair behind her ear, "It seems that way. What are we gonna do while we wait?" (Y/N) took his backpack off as he pulled out a little bit of alcohol, cotton balls, and bandages, "Well I guess we could treat those scratches."
    (Y/N) got on one knee in front of Ellie as he rolled up her pant legs, with Rosy jumping on the bed behind Ellie. As (Y/N) was putting alcohol on a cotton ball and putting it on some scratches Ellie winced in pain. As (Y/N) was treating Ellie, he kept his head down, "Hey Ellie." "Yeah?" "Why have we been hanging out less?" Ellie choked a bit, "Well we've been doing different jobs for the town and more people have joined, even other people our age and I've been making a few friends with a few of them. Have you made a few friends?" "Yeah some, about two or three." "I really want to spend more time with you. But we always seem busy." "Yeah, that sounds right."
     (Y/N) started to put some bandages around Ellie's legs, "I have a question." "Yeah?" "Susan has said that you have been looking at someone for a while now. Like in a way where you like them. I-is that true?" Ellie tightened the side of the bed as the sound of rain was heard. (Y/N) let out a small sigh as he began to stand up. Rosy yawned as she stood up and hit Ellie's back with her hips sending Ellie forward.
    Ellie's and (Y/N)'s eyes widened as they felt each other's lips on each others. Ellie started to panic in her head as her cheeks went red. She then parted as she backed away from (Y/N), "I'm sorry! I didn't mean to-" She was interrupted by a pair of lips against hers as (Y/N) held her cheek with his hand with his eyes closed. Seconds later Ellie leaned into the kiss as her eyes closed while she put her hand on (Y/N)'s.
    After a minute the two parted as they smiled as Ellie giggled, "I've been wanting to do that." "Well then you should of done it instead of just staring at me." "Y-you noticed." "Yeah Susan always pointed it out." The two were then licked as Rosy jumped in-between the two as she wagged her tail back and fourth.
    Joel and Susan were both carrying some boxes until they saw the entrance of the town open as (Y/N), Ellie, and Rosy come in. The two watched as the two teenagers walked close to each other as Ellie twirled her hair and (Y/N) was constantly smiling. Joel shook his head as he continued walking, "Too soon." Susan laughed as she followed him, "Its always too soon."

A/N: Ok so in the last chapter it might of sounded like I was gonna end this book after the next chapter that is coming up. But, that is not what I meant. What I meant was that this story will be paused until The Last of Us Part 2 comes out and after I finish watching or playing it. I will continue the book then. My two friends who read my stories thought that so I just wanted to make this clear.